looking for........

Slim Jim

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a clamp that will mount on the side of my UDS to hold a towel. I've searched on ebay and can't even come up with what I have in mind. Does anyone else know what I'm looking for??

How about a big gate/garage door handle that's u shaped? You could bolt it through the uds and put the towel through.

How about a spring loaded clip. Here is a magnetic type from Staples. I'd drill out the magnet and bolt it on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 181
Thanks guys these are all great ideas, but not what I had in mind. What I'm thinking of is a big clamp with a swivel to hold a hand towel while you are using it. For lack of a better description I guess it would look like a massive 'roach clip'. Hopefully I won't get thrown out of the forum for that!:oops:

Buttburner's idea is good. Got me thinking that you could also buy a cheap set of cables, cut one of them off a few inches above the clamp, crimp an eyelet terminal on and bolt it to the cooker.

Get a golf towel, it has a grommet, and secure it to a handle via a carabiner.

Get a golf towel, it has a grommet, and secure it to a handle via a carabiner.

This. Get an eye bolt and permanently attach it to your drum, hook a carbiner through the golf towel and the eye bolt. Stays in place until you need to remove it for washing...

EDIT: Make sure the eye bolt is long enough to keep the towel off the side of your drum. Wouldn't want it to catch your towel on fire...

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I especially like the jumper cable clamp. Next would be the golf towel on the eye bolt and carabineer. If I get this done in the next week I'll be sure to take pics.

Back