Spaghetti & Meatballs

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
sketti.jpg

I whipped up a cast iron pan of Spaghetti & Meatballs recently that was DELISH!

Recipe:

Meatballs:

Preheat grill to 250°F and add one chunk of smoking wood of your choice.

1lb ground beef
1 cup italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely minced onion
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 cup parsley
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 lightly beaten egg

Mix together completely by hand and then form into individual meatballs of whatever size you like. Place on the grill over indirect heat and cook until you reach an internal temperature of about 160°F. Remove from the grill and set aside. These can be done in advance and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Sauce:

Preheat small dutch oven over medium heat.
Preheat grill to 375°F and set up for indirect cooking.

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 finely chopped onions
4 cloves minced garlic
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried tarragon
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (OPTIONAL - makes it spicy!)

Add the olive oil and onions to the dutch oven and sautee for 8 minutes or so until the onions are softened. Add the minced garlic and stir for another minute or so.

Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Let simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes. Place the cover on the dutch oven and let simmer for an hour or so or until ready to use.

1 16oz box angel hair pasta (or past of your choice) cooked to instructions on packaging.
Mozzarella cheese to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste

Add the cooked pasta to a 12" cast iron skillet that has been greased. Ladle in the sauce. Place the meatballs on top of the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and some parmesan if desired as well.

Place pan on grill and cook at 375°F until bubbly and browned on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so and serve!

Enjoy!

Here's the video:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqM_NEl5YKo"]Kamado Joe Spaghetti and Meatballs - YouTube[/ame]

John,

Thanks for sharing the recipe...... On my to do list.

Glad to see you back for a visit. When I was new here you were one of the few who made me feel welcome and you encouraged me to participate. Thanks

I still use a lot of your recipes you posted years ago, a big thank you for all of them.

Hmmmm..... My wife is from Drexel. Her Spidey sense should have went off when this bad boy was being cooked!

Back