Beef short ribs with PrOn.

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
It has been too long since we've had shorties and after Publix had them for 4.45/lb it was time to pick up a couple slabs.

The rub was a combo of my burger rub(salt,pepper,garlic,tiny smidge of lowery's) and Oakridge Black Ops. Light dusting as you can see from the pics.

I used Royal oak lump and Fruita wood cherry chunks for fuel and flavor. The temps were between 265-285 for the first 4 hours and then I just let the temps creep on up to 310 while they were wrapped in butcher paper. First time wrapping ribs in BP and I didn't really like the way the bark was going after an hour so out they came and they went unwrapped for the rest of the cook and the bark returned to exactly how I like it. Total cook time was about 6 hours.

These were/are exceptionally good. Can't wait for her to get home from work and have that first bite. Beef ribs and brisket are by far her faves.

Attachments

• ribs1.jpg
    ribs1.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 368
  • ribs2.jpg
    ribs2.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 368
  • ribs3.jpg
    ribs3.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 367
  • ribs4.jpg
    ribs4.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 368
  • ribs5.jpg
    ribs5.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 371
  • ribs6.jpg
    ribs6.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 371
  • ribs7.jpg
    ribs7.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 367
  • ribs8.jpg
    ribs8.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 372
  • ribs9.jpg
    ribs9.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 371
Money!!

attachment.php

Man those ribs look spectacular. My fat as$ could eat them all in one sitting. Awesome job:thumb:

Thanks for the compliments!!!

She took a bite, looked up a said, "Best...ribs....ever..". That was the last words I heard from her for 30 minutes.:laugh::laugh:

The only problem is that there's zero left now. Soooooooo looks like pork butt is going on sometime soon.:thumb:

Back