Another cook for the Masses

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got a wedding reception coming up in a couple weekends. Bride to be says maybe 80 people so I figure I'd cook 100 to play it safe. Menu consists of pulled pork, pulled chicken, sausages, beans, mac-n-cheese, slaw, pickles, and rolls. I'll be using 2 UDS, and a 26in kettle. Dinner is at 7ish. Here's the questions:

Im thinking 70 lbs raw 35ish cooked pulled pork?

I will probably use boneless skinless thighs for the pulled chicken. Don't really know how much to get. Any Help?

Sausages, looking at 1 per person so ill probably get 100.??

Don't know how much to get of beans, mac-n-cheese, or slaw? I usually don't have to do sides? Would 2 pans (standard 4in deep)of each be enough?

I'm guessing I will put the butts on early enough to pull them and wrapped in cooler in enough time to get the chicken cooked and finished and pulled right around eating time? Thanks for all the help in advance.

When serving multiple meats, I usually figure 4 oz. of each meat per person and add 10% as a buffer. Sides I figure 4oz each side per person. I have never ran out (knock on wood). Is it 80 adults or adults/children. Children and seniors will obviously eat less and that usually will balance out the big eaters.

Back