• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

maybe my 1stFarmers Markets!

skullleader1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
'I'm Food certified...and I've catered few BBQ's in the parks for graduations..religous...and private back yards...I've used steam tables to keep food hot and I've a hard plastic kids swinging poll covered it with a nice plastic table cloth...felled it with ice and held the cold foods cold...and had sanitized water and water for cleaning....Now I may be vending at my first Farmers market this coming Jun here in Chicago.....any tips on what I need to do from you pros....Any advise at all...what am I missing?

Advice would be best from someone in your County.

Advice from me would be from what I have experienced with local enforcement here

I would suggest not only preparing for Health Dept inspection but also Fire Dept Inspection. Make sure you have proper fire extinguishers and heating equip that is allowed in your area. Some areas do not allow propane fired steam tables in tents, etc

Advice would be best from someone in your County.

Advice from me would be from what I have experienced with local enforcement here

I would suggest not only preparing for Health Dept inspection but also Fire Dept Inspection. Make sure you have proper fire extinguishers and heating equip that is allowed in your area. Some areas do not allow propane fired steam tables in tents, etc
Hummm fire inspections....interesting

BigMista has been doing farmers markets for years, although the local regulations may be different...he probably has some awesome advice for any questions you might have :grin: Good Luck.

I don't know about Illinois but here you need to have a 3 compartment sink to serve prepared foods. That's always the biggest thing. And some markets require you to have insurance. Check with your health department. They will usually have a detailed list of what is required for temporary events in your county.

BigMista has been doing farmers markets for years, although the local regulations may be different...he probably has some awesome advice for any questions you might have :grin: Good Luck.

Thank you so much Wannabbquen...I'm so excited ...this has been a dream of mine for long...and joining this forum is the best thing I've ever done...and BigMista...Thank you as well...If may I will be asking some question when I come across some....you guys are the best.

Back