Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Battle of the Brisket Mission KS 9/19-20

bover

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Big Sky BBQ will be there again this year in the same spot. Looking forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces at this great contest! Who else is coming?

This will be our first time in this comp, but Open Roadkill BBQ will there. Hope to get some momentum as this will be our last comp before the Royal.

I haven't received any info with spot assignments and such, though, did those come out through e-mail and I missed them? I got my receipt for payment, so I know that isn't a problem.

Lucky Pig BBQ will be there in our same location as last year.

We have not received our information either. I am hoping it shows up soon.

Feel free to stop by on Friday night, we will have 5 different beers on tap.

I just got the info email from Christy with the spot assignments. Things are looking good.

Oh, and something tells me I'll definitely be stopping by if you're offering beer! I mean, I'll have plenty of it with me, but, what's better than different beer and meeting fellow brethren?

Sounds good. A team member makes his own homebrew and always bring a few new ones to try out.

Bover, we are just down the isle from you.

Yep! I'll definitely be stopping by. One of my teammates is a bit of a homebrew geek himself, so I'm sure he'll be interested in the offerings.

The number of empty spots is a bit odd, but if I recall correctly there were a handful of last-minute entries last year. Hopefully that happens again this year.

Fullwood Bros' will be back on the East end of the center row, #138, not too far from Midwest KC. Stop by and say howdy, I'll be the guy with the stogie hanging out of his mouth.

Awesome! I know the guys right beside you as well (Porkerstars). They'll be working with a bit of a skeleton crew this weekend, but they're good guys. I don't think they're brethren, though.

Hope everyone had a great time! Our results were nowhere near what we expected, especially on chicken and pork, but, that's how it goes. I really thought we had top 10 quality pork, and our chicken was better than at our last contest to me, but not the judges. Oh well, it gave me a good chance to complain over a couple beers for a little bit. In the light of the day after, I'm ready to go back at it again in 2 weeks at the Royal (my wife says this makes me sick in the head, but that she's there with me)!

We always have a good time at this competition.

We took 8th in ribs and 2nd in dessert with a perfect score.

We always have a good time at this competition.

We took 8th in ribs and 2nd in dessert with a perfect score.

The lucky pig team (me) also dropped a brisket thru a grate on a WSM. Which knocked the water pan loose dropping everything into the fire. I apologize if my cussing woke anyone up around 1am. Jcm2m9 was out of his sleeping bag before the brisket bounced.

The lucky pig team (me) also dropped a brisket thru a grate on a WSM. Which knocked the water pan loose dropping everything into the fire. I apologize if my cussing woke anyone up around 1am. Jcm2m9 was out of his sleeping bag before the brisket bounced.

I was told that our neighbor up the hill was curious as to what all the cursing was about.

Back