Breakfast Itailan Fatty with Pr0n

IllinoidRick

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This is my third Fatty. I love them! Thanks Brethen for the great recipes.

Cooked up a breakfast fatty with Italian sausage, yellow peppers, chopped onion, garlic, motzorella cheese and a light sprinkle of dry rub.

Set up the kettle with a KBB and some apple on one side and the fatty with a drip pan on the fire grate. Same amount of KBB as my last fatty. It's windy and cool this morning but looks to be a great day.

I think the wind kept my fire hotter than usual and my fatty was done in just over an hour. Oven thermometer on food grate read 350 deg when I opened up the kettle to remove the Fatty with an internal temp of 208 deg. My last cook the kettle about 300 deg. Same bottom vent settings as my last cook between 1/16 and 1/8 open. Top vent wide open.

Is it normal for my Weber to run hot on a windy day?

Brought the fatty inside and let it rest under a foil tent while the wifey and I cooked some eggs and toast and some breakfast blend coffee. Fatty was moist and juicy. Got the right amount of onion and garlic this time. Last fatty had bit too much onion. This one could have used a bit more cheese. Each one is different but tasty.

Plan for today is to make a trip to Costco do some chores and then drop an 8 pound pork but on my PBC for pulled pork tonight.

What is the Bretheren's favorite smokin wood for pulled pork?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 80
Yummmmmmmmm. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Love that!

Back