SF Area

chicagokp

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm gonna be in the SF Area for training (Pleasanton) for the week of 10/20.

Any spots in the area worth hitting? Or anyone want to meet up?

The San Francisco bay area is a wasteland, not a single decent thing to eat there.

Sure, I think that sounds like a great idea. Are you focused on BBQ, or is there another type of food you would be interested in? Pleasanton is Marty Leach territory.

The San Francisco bay area is a wasteland, not a single decent thing to eat there.

Sure, I think that sounds like a great idea. Are you focused on BBQ, or is there another type of food you would be interested in? Pleasanton is Marty Leach territory.

I'm not tied to bbq. Just good food really, or beer. I fly in Sunday and fly out Friday night.

Let's keep in touch, I am cooking an event on the 20th and 21st, I think. Not sure, but hey, why plan a cook for 150 people on two days?

Sounds great. I live in Pleasanton so I'm sure we can figure out something. My wife has hip surgery on the 22nd so I don't know what to expect after that. There are some fun spots to eat/craft beer in Livermore, which is 10 minutes away.

I would be up for something on the 21st, if that works. I have a large-ish cook at the church I don't actually belong to on Saturday, not sure how energetic I will be.

How is that brewpub/BBQ in Livermore? We could hit Tap 25?

You don't want to miss out on hanging with the SF area brethren, bunch of cool guys! BTW, you don't have any warrants do you??

Jeff

Today I tried the 4505 BBQ on Divisadero @ Grove. It has been open about 4 months. I thought the brisket and ribs were terrific, not cheap, but terrific. No need for sauce on the ribs, the rub I thought was great in itself and ribs super juicy. Service was great too (but that is coming from a land with zero service).

Might be nice to have a big meet up. Even if we just end up at Dave's shop having a beverage and talking about food.

So, let's try again. I'm gonna be in the San Fran/Pleasanton area for the week of 10/20, that's October 20th folks. I get in on Sunday, but need to check in, etc. I can probably do something on Mon - Wed. I think Thursday would be out and I fly back Friday night. Anyone wanna get together for a meal or drinks?

Today I tried the 4505 BBQ on Divisadero @ Grove. It has been open about 4 months. I thought the brisket and ribs were terrific, not cheap, but terrific. No need for sauce on the ribs, the rub I thought was great in itself and ribs super juicy. Service was great too (but that is coming from a land with zero service).

NZ, Lots of sheep and no service... :)
I'll have to check out the place!

Back