• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Fattie & Pron- Three Chiles, cheese, onions & garlic

JDV

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
So I started with a bacon lattice, and then flattened out the Jimmie Dean's pork sausage.

I rehydrated some ancho chiles and pureed them with some of the chile water to make a paste. I spread a layer of the paste over the fattie, then added some sauteed onions and garlic. To that I added Jalapenos stuffed with sharp cheddar cheese. Topped that off with diced chipotles en adobo, before rolling, wrapping in the bacon weave and dusting with a pork rub.

I smoked it with mesquite, then sliced and served it on a fresh baked biscuit with honey. Sweet, spicy, smoky, delicious and laden with succulent guilt.

Attachments

• 2  Bacon Weave.JPG
    2 Bacon Weave.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.5  Dried Ancho Chiles.JPG
    2.5 Dried Ancho Chiles.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 3  Ancho Chiles and ancho paste.JPG
    3 Ancho Chiles and ancho paste.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 5  Sharp Cheddar stuffed Jalapenos.jpg
    5 Sharp Cheddar stuffed Jalapenos.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 6  Added chipotles, ready to roll.JPG
    6 Added chipotles, ready to roll.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 6.5  Bacon weave applied.JPG
    6.5 Bacon weave applied.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 7  Mesquite smoked and ready.JPG
    7 Mesquite smoked and ready.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 81
  • 8  Sliced 1.JPG
    8 Sliced 1.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 9  Done 3.JPG
    9 Done 3.JPG
    321.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 10  On a fresh biscuit with honey.JPG
    10 On a fresh biscuit with honey.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 79
OMG!!!! That looks freaking incredible. I love heat, how was the heat? I'd hit that!
Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks
Reactions: JDV
I so hate you right now! Just kidding, but you DO have me coveting your fatty! Very nicely done!

Thanks guys!

Surprisingly, it wasn't too spicy. It had a light kick to it that you could definitely notice, but nothing I'd be worried about serving because of the heat.

The ancho paste is quite mild and has a nice earthy and sweet richness to it with a bit of warmth, while the jalapenos were cored and deseeded. The chipotles had seeds and probably did the most to bring the heat.

The ancho paste is also killer in mashed potatoes! Just add butter, cream, beer, salt to taste, along with the ancho chile paste and you've gone some awesome kicked up mashed tubers. Here's an actual recipe, if anybody is interested. http://www.outofthefryingpan.com/recipes/potatoes.ancho.bock.shtml

Man I am so envious. That is a work of art. You sure that is your first fatty?

I did my first woven fatty this weekend too, but now I am not so proud of it. Thanks for posting!

It's pron like that that makes me have to walk away from the site when I'm dieting! That looks stupendous, decadent, and so d@#n good!

Back