Creekstone Duroc sale

I ordered the ribs and a couple butts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ribs.............

15 pounds of ribs for 88 bucks is a little steep for my budget........that is about 6 bucks a pound...............around here you can get baby backs for about 3 bucks a pound and regular St. Louis for 2 bucks pretty much anywhere....they must be some fine eating to fetch that kinda money.....

I snatched some ribs and tri tip and a side of ribeyes. Costco Smithfield ribs just aren’t nearly as good as these durocs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got some ribs. I can't find meaty ribs these days, not at my local meat market, not at Sams. At those places, I'm paying for a lot of bone.

When I get ribs from Sams, I use the comp wrap with the butter, honey, and brown sugar.

I'm not gonna do that with these durocs.

Do y'all cook these durocs the same as other ribs ?

Ive only cooked one rack in my life and did a simple rub and wrapped when I got desired color. I was impressed with the quality

I use salt and pepper for rub or killer hogs bbq rub. Cook for about 3 hours and sometimes I wrap for about an hour then back on with a glaze. They take about 4.5 hours for me. Other times I just cook em straight through without wrapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried them a couple months ago. Just cooked my last rack weekend before last. To be honest, I prefer the flavor of the natural spare ribs I get at my HEB. Still good, mind you. Just not worth the cost and trouble. Wagyu Picanha and outside skirt I got from SRF? Well worth it

Back