Jumbo Joe Smoker.

Jayblefty

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Picked up a Jumbo Joe this week and I've been Lovin it. I have looked around but not been able to find anyone that put a stack on it for smoking. I just ordered an 80 quart aluminum pot to use. I will post pics when I get started and I will probably follow the same basics as a Smokey Joe conversion but any links to similar builds or heads up from someone who has actually done it would be great. Thanks in advance:)

I looked at those stackers but I was able to get the pot through Syscos online supply for $50. The pot measures 20" deep so I should get nearly the same dimensions as a WSM 18.5 but for a total of $80...

I looked at those stackers but I was able to get the pot through Syscos online supply for $50. The pot measures 20" deep so I should get nearly the same dimensions as a WSM 18.5 but for a total of $80...
Please let us know how it fits and all that good stuff :clap2:

A 30 gallon drum might also work with the Jumbo Joe but you'll also end up with a rather tall smoke chamber but can be perfect for hanging ribs, for instance.
I do that with my 16 gallon drum sitting on a Smokey Joe. I can hang up to 6 racks of ribs on a single rod. That's what I primarily use that drum for.

Just got the email saying the pot shipped. I will post pics of the fit, build, seasoning and first smoke! Hopefully it goes as well as a lot of the other builds I have followed!!! How do you Farkers make it look so easy!

Would you mind posting a link for that pot, i can't find it. thanks.
https://www.suppliesonthefly.com/Search.aspx?Ts=0&Ntt=80%20quart%20aluminum%20pot&cat=All%20Categories&RNtt=80%20quart%20aluminum%20pot
Not sure if that will work. I have a login and stuff for it. They do have a paypal option (instead of a sysco invoice) so I am sure there is a way to work out ordering one if you dont have a sysco account. I would be happy to help out.
Ya it looks like it will only bring you to the page where you have to log in. I will see if i can find another link that isnt on that site
http://www.hotelrestaurantsupply.co...lla&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=products
This is the pot, I got a better deal on it because I did a bulk equipment order....

Last edited:
Subscribed...I picked up a Jumbo Joe yesterday, with the hopes of being able to turn it into a semi-homemade WSM. I figure even if I can't I've got a nice portable grill for less than 30 bucks out the door.

Subscribed...I picked up a Jumbo Joe yesterday, with the hopes of being able to turn it into a semi-homemade WSM. I figure even if I can't I've got a nice portable grill for less than 30 bucks out the door.

Jumbo Joe for 30 dollars?? The cheapest i've seen is $60.

Target around here had them clearanced out to 50% off (29.99) plus I got an extra 10% off since I took the display model.

Surely the wife can't be too upset with me at that price.

Yup, target floor model got it down to $27 and change brand new and assembled!

1FCDD8BC-8B35-4F7E-9DE9-B58ABC658007-4845-0000044ECF40C9FC_zpsa1bfa065.jpg

Pot fits well!! A bit big at the base but I should be able to make it do what I want! Build pics to follow as soon as the wind and rain stop. First pic I have attempted to load from my phone, if it doesn't work I will fix it later

carbon, you got pics ? was just thinking about my 16 gal barrell and saw this. thanks,

A 30 gallon drum might also work with the Jumbo Joe but you'll also end up with a rather tall smoke chamber but can be perfect for hanging ribs, for instance.
I do that with my 16 gallon drum sitting on a Smokey Joe. I can hang up to 6 racks of ribs on a single rod. That's what I primarily use that drum for.

Jayblefty, what do you do to open the bottom of the pot you are using? I have a new Jumbo Joe and would really like to increase it's capacity. Thank you.

Jayblefty, what do you do to open the bottom of the pot you are using? I have a new Jumbo Joe and would really like to increase it's capacity. Thank you.

Haven't decided if going to drill a bunch of holes in the base or just cut it out. I you do a search for mini WSM build there are a lot of threads with pics of all the ways to make it work.

Will the jumbo joe cooking grate fit in the pot? Like minded builder would like to know. Have you decided on a heat diffuser yet?

Back