• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bulk Brisket Rub

vexter1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
For those vending brisket - I was curious what bulk rub(s) y'all might be using.

I've been using The Slabs Beef Rub, but wondered what other options are are out there that are a little cheaper might be.

Thanks!

What size do you all considered bulk? As a distributor I consider bulk pricing as a 25lb box, or 30lb 5 gallon bucket. I am just curious

I have my pork rub being made at my co-packer as well - but it was made for mostly pork not so much for brisket. Not saying I couldn't develop one - but I haven't yet. That being said - I was curious what other rubs might be out there for use in brisket vending.

Big Ron - Good question - I tend to think of 5lbs or more as starting to look at bulk.

I also quote $4/lb including delivery to your door for "bulk". Several restaurants and large caterers buy frequently.

I always suggest people to review and judge on a price per lb they are paying. When vending and catering this costs adds up and time (and gas) accounted for driving to pick up spices, and time to mix spices should be accounted for as well.

Granulated Garlic $.245 * .25 =$.06125
Black Pepper $.788 * 1 =$.788
Kosher Salt $.047 * 1 =$.047
$.89625/2.25= $.3983/oz

$6.40/ lb for my rub.

This is using lbs, but when I mix the rub I use volume to measure. I just realized I need to measure the weight of the volume I am using to get a better cost.

How much rub are you putting on a brisket? That would be another question to ask.

As a few others have said already, one part kosher salt and one part somewhat coarse black pepper. That's about as cheap as it gets.

Back