• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

STL spare ribs on thOklahoma Joe.

BigBobBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was in town today and saw 2 nice looking racks of STL cut spare ribs that were on sale. I decided to pick them up for dinner tonight and for the Throwdown. I seasoned them up with a little salt, Everglades seasoning, and the new Everglades Rub. I put them on my OK Joe offset at right around 275-300. A little hotter than I usually run but I was a little late getting back and getting ready to cook. I ran them néekid all the way and it took a grand total of 3 1/2 hours on the smoker. I did decide to put some sauce on these ribs. I took some Sweet Baby Rays and thinned it down with a little bit of Agave nectar to add a little sweetness. I brushed on a very light coat of the sauce about 30 minutes before the ribs were ready to come off the smoker. I wanted to be sure it had plenty of time to set up. I played them with just some steamed cauliflower and brussels sprouts. I didn't get a seasoned shot before I put them on the smoker but I got one at an hour in and then the finished and plated shots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 308
Your ribs look delicious! Love your side dishes too. Great cook!

Great cook and everything on your plate are favorites of mine! What did your dog get? I saw him helping you with the rehab, he deserves something too.

Great looking ribs and so are the sides. We love Brussel Sprouts fried up with some bacon and onions around the Wornslick house!

Damn fine looking meal! Even the Brussels! You can par cook and grill those bad boys too (and I bet you could smoke'm as well). Yum!

Back