Votes: 33 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
G'DAY Bruces':becky:

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I'm not on an agenda, I just really wanna know what everyone thinks.

Cheers!

Bill

While I am a member of the Brethren, it's not my board. I'll let the powers that be make the important decisions...

I like the blind poll. For better or worse, I think we are all influenced by what others do. I try to vote without looking at the results 1st, but even the comments have an influence. I wish that even the person cooking cook be anonymous... maybe not all the time but just to see a true "blind box" style TD and what the results might be.

While I am a member of the Brethren, it's not my board. I'll let the powers that be make the important decisions...

Nothing wrong with providing a data set that can assist them to make important decisions. That's all this is my friend.

I suppose I should have expected conversation and possible argument. That was not my intent. Please just vote, one way or the other and let the poll speak for itself. It goes for 1 week. I don't want a clusterfark here.

Thanks

Bill

I kinda like the suspense. I personally have always tried to vote before seeing the results or reading the pollin thread to remain unswayed. The more unfortunate side effect of the recent shenanigans is the limits put on who can vote.

I personally like it and suggested it years ago. Biggie wanted transparency and there is something about the continuous banter. In that past I tended to find that the first few days people sorted out the entries, then it was to vote for or against the one in the lead. This way the votes are for which one you like best rather than which of the top two that are in the lead at the end you like the best. I think the outcomes of many TDs would've been different if the votes were blind.

I like that I can see the results as time passes. It doesn't affect how I vote.

I like the blind vote, I really don't care to know who voted for whom, what good is that?I'm going to do get pissed because somebody didn't vote like I did ? :tsk:

I vote before I look at the results. That may take a day or two, and during that time I do see the comments people make. I guess it really doesn't matter to me either way, but I was used to it the way it was before. Being a grumpy old man, I don't tend to do well with change...

I think it would help to have a third option of "I don't care".

I don't look at any results or comments until I have voted. I do like to watch the results as they go tho. As far as who votes for who, I couldn't give a rusty f**k.

I think Gore sums it up nicely.

Aside from that, I really can't give you an answer. This is so new it hasn't even been 1 round of voting yet, so I don't know how I feel about it. I think trying it out for a while is reasonable. I'll let you know how I feel about it next week.

Unless I missed something along the way, I don't think that a blind vote will stop what happened in the initial Grand Masters TD. That can happen whether we see it or not (unless the mods have fixed it). Personally, I like to see who is winning. I don't look at the results until after I vote. I like Ron's idea of not being able to see who voted for who, but being able to see the results

Unless I missed something along the way, I don't think that a blind vote will stop what happened in the initial Grand Masters TD. That can happen whether we see it or not (unless the mods have fixed it). Personally, I like to see who is winning. I don't look at the results until after I vote. I like Ron's idea of not being able to see who voted for who, but being able to see the results

Yes protocol has been implemented. There are now restrictions on who can vote.

It does prevent someone from seeing they need a few votes to pull out a win and then soliciting votes to push them over the brink. In the end, the honor system assumes that people will behave honorably.

I would let the BBQ Breathern make the call. As a paid member I have taken a seat on the bus and am enjoying the ride.

It does prevent someone from seeing they need a few votes to pull out a win and then soliciting votes to push them over the brink. In the end, the honor system assumes that people will behave honorably.

The problem was more serious than solicitation. If one asks an active member for consideration they still may view the TD and vote for who they want. Having people join the forum to pad the vote count is a whole other ball game.

Back