Smoke on the Prairie - Brimfield, IL 6/13-6/14

ITBFQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anyone else signed up to do this competition? There hasn't been any action on their website or facebook page in a while, and emails from the contact person on their site haven't been returned. Thanks!

Heard there would be a few World Champs at the contest. QUAU's hometown.

My check has cleared so I guess I'm in. As far as those 2 past world champs, don't sweat it. I heard one of them say anybody can win on any given Saturday, it's all about consistency. (And how much jack we drink Friday night!):heh:

Oh, I was talking about someone from Iowa... Besides, I cook better the more booze you guys give me... so keep it up!!!! ;)

I vote to make it a no booze competition!

(100% kidding)

Last edited:
I signed up my wife and myself to judge several months ago and have never heard from the person in charge. It's one of the closer contest for us and well have just never heard back.

I hope they respond to teams better than they do judges.

I received an email from the organizer Josh. He explained that they have been having difficulties with the contact email address. He also said that the guy that is in charge of updating their website is very busy. I was glad to get an email from him, and we are looking forward to the competition!

I just heard from Josh the organizer today. He said there is a total of 17 registered teams so far.

We're thinking about it. We have to sort out a couple of other things first. We should know in the next few days.

I was wondering about the no replies myself sent in the form a couple weeks ago.

I dropped our entry form off at the PO yesterday. Hopefully the e-mail issues have been resolved.

I've been talking to him through the email listed at the bottom of the downloadable application. I believe it has his name in it.

If you want me to, give me your team name and I can ask him to make sure he has your info and send you an email to get the line of communication started.

Back