Rockin' Robyn's Comp Trailer Build (Pron heavy)

rolfejr

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Here are some shots of our comp trailer build.
We started with a 22' x 8.5' v nose cargo trailer from Freedom Trailers
comptrailer1_zps2ee08b04.jpg

We painted and caulked to get ready for the build out, and we actually used it for comps before we got rolling
CompTrailer2_zpse096a110.jpg

This is the V-nose after the build out, we used off the shelf HD cabinets. Seriously modified for the v-nose. Basically we took a circular saw to $800.00 worth of cabinets.
Pucker factor was very high!
IMG_1050_zps8af2afc5.jpg

These are the sides, notched to fit over the wheel wells, which gave us a nice working counter height. The wall behind the counter and prep table are finished with FRP panels.
We intentionally did not trim tight to the roof to allow for flexibility in the roof.

All of the cabinets have LED rope underneath, as well as the long side of the roof. Looks great at night.

IMG_1048_zps04c9e859.jpg

This is the power center. We used a WFCO RV panel for 120v / 12v power. We tried to use LED's as much as possible for power conservation.
We also ran a second line for the A/C so we have the option of splitting power at comps with poor sources (read Bel Air BBQ Bash!). The voltage meter helps to monitor source feeds. All wired with ANCOR marine wire and Romex. We added a battery to power the 12v when we off the grid.

IMG_1053_zps9cb8a483.jpg

Here's a shot from the rear, still a few trim out details to finish.
The fridge and microwave are bracketed to the wall as well as the stainless steel prep table. We installed a Dometic roof A/C and a powered roof vent.

IMG_1055_zps2cf62a4e.jpg

All in all in it turned out pretty well. We'll post some shots of it set up a comp.

If any one needs behind the scenes build photos send a PM.

Very handsome unit, but didn't using all those wood cabinets add a ton (pun intended) of weight especially in the nose ? Do you know what your tongue weight is now and what it's rated at? Any chance you weighed the cabinetry as you installed?
Good job regardless.
Ed

Looks great! It should serve you well at future competitions.

You know what else would look great in there? A BWS Fatboy! It just so happens I have one available. I sent you a PM with my cell. Call or text me to discuss.

What did you put on the ceiling? And how is it attached? That's almost next on the list in our trailer.

If I may ask what did that setup run you?
I am looking to possible put something like this together.

-Eric

Nice! thanks for the pics and build info! :thumb:

Just thought of another question...how much trouble was it to fish the wires in the walls? Our walls are insulated so it seems like it'll be a pain in the butt. I'm guessing you used low profile outlet boxes for the outlets above the counter?

Here are some shots of our comp trailer build.
We started with a 22' x 8.5' v nose cargo trailer from Freedom Trailers
comptrailer1_zps2ee08b04.jpg

We painted and caulked to get ready for the build out, and we actually used it for comps before we got rolling
CompTrailer2_zpse096a110.jpg

This is the V-nose after the build out, we used off the shelf HD cabinets. Seriously modified for the v-nose. Basically we took a circular saw to $800.00 worth of cabinets.
Pucker factor was very high!
IMG_1050_zps8af2afc5.jpg

These are the sides, notched to fit over the wheel wells, which gave us a nice working counter height. The wall behind the counter and prep table are finished with FRP panels.
We intentionally did not trim tight to the roof to allow for flexibility in the roof.

All of the cabinets have LED rope underneath, as well as the long side of the roof. Looks great at night.

IMG_1048_zps04c9e859.jpg

This is the power center. We used a WFCO RV panel for 120v / 12v power. We tried to use LED's as much as possible for power conservation.
We also ran a second line for the A/C so we have the option of splitting power at comps with poor sources (read Bel Air BBQ Bash!). The voltage meter helps to monitor source feeds. All wired with ANCOR marine wire and Romex. We added a battery to power the 12v when we off the grid.

IMG_1053_zps9cb8a483.jpg

Here's a shot from the rear, still a few trim out details to finish.
The fridge and microwave are bracketed to the wall as well as the stainless steel prep table. We installed a Dometic roof A/C and a powered roof vent.

IMG_1055_zps2cf62a4e.jpg

All in all in it turned out pretty well. We'll post some shots of it set up a comp.

If any one needs behind the scenes build photos send a PM.

Maybe I should have had you guys build ME a trailer! Well thought out on the details and looks really nice as well.

We have been inside and seeing in person is 10x better! They did an excellent job!

wallace

Rolfe! Dude! Looks great mang! Can't wait to have a cocktail inside it with you and Robin...and hear a particular tune on the geee-tar! You know the one!

Back