Mission: Help Name our New Product

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
(Note to mods: I am posting here for wider input, not selling anything. Just giving it away :) )

Okay fellow Brethren...

As many of you know, we have been developing a new product in our Gourmet Salt line.
It has the working title of "X-Salt", but my wife (and the CEO of Naturiffic) has insisted on an actual name.

I don't want to give too much away, or influence your opinion in anyway, but I will tell you the parameters.

It was developed as a seasoned salt that can be used as an overall "Grilling/BBQ" salt, but has Beef as the primary target.

We are very close to commercial release..and I still don't have a damn name.

So I figured I would enlist the help of the Brethren.

Here is how we are gonna to do this.

Post your interest in this thread to qualify to receive a sample.

You must be willing to PM me your (US only) address AND give me honest feedback on the product once you receive it and try it.

We will send out samples of our new salt to the first 25 (yes 25!) posts for this new product.

When you receive the sample, do a cook with it. Let it inspire you to give it a name, then post that name in this thread.

We will then determine our favorite 10 names from the ones submitted (every suggestion in this thread will be considered, whether it is part of first 25 or not) and set up a poll with those 10 to be voted on by the Brethren.
The winner of that poll will be the name of our new product and the (first) person who submitted that name will win a Naturiffic Gift set that includes all our Gourmet Salt products...including our Harvest Brine!

Clear as mud?

Go!

Sexy Salt. Best Damn Salt. Sultry Salt. The Stuff. The Chit. Fairy Dust. Pixie Dust. Beef Sprinkles. Meat Dirt. Zombie Dust.

Last edited:
I have a ton of different salt varieties in my cabinet, would love to try one from the brethren.

So I get a free sample give a review and have to come up with a name for it as well.....

Ok, I am in.

PM sent. I look forward to the sample!!

Last edited:
I am interested.

What is a gourmet salt?
We got table salt and kosher salt and lawreys seasoned salt.

I am interested in a sample.

Could you explain what makes a gourmet salt special?
Thank You

I am interested.

What is a gourmet salt?
We got table salt and kosher salt and lawreys seasoned salt.

I am interested in a sample.

Could you explain what makes a gourmet salt special?
Thank You

Sure!
Not all Salt is the same.

Kosher salt is a generic name for a coarse ground salt (normally without Iodine).
It has no implications (religious or otherwise) other than, back in the day coarse salt was used to "bleed" (Koshering) animals in a Kosher way.
Today it is used as a term for any coarse Salt (not necessarily Kosher, which requires the salt to be blessed by a Rabbi)

Table salt is normally a fine grain salt that has added iodine (minute amounts of sugar are also added to offset the iodine)

Both Kosher and Table salt are what is considered "Industrial Salt". Industrial salt is heavily processed salt that removes all impurities (taste) from the salt to leave only (99%) NACL or Sodium Chloride.

Naturiffic uses only sea salt. Non-processed and with all the trace minerals inherent in a good sea salt.

In fact we use the best Sea Salt you can buy. We use only Sea Salt from the Trapani region of Sicily, Italy. (Google: salt road).
This sea salt is dried by the sun and ground to a coarse crystalline structure by windmills.

Is there a difference in taste? Heck yes!
Is it better for you? Heck yes!

But it's not just Salt? Smoked or other Spices/Herbs in it or dried fruit juices or something to be a Seasoned Salt.? Hmmmm Maybe a Hint of Mermaid Tears or Powdered Unicorn Horn or Such....

Last edited:
Magic Dust is already taken......so is Meat Magic.......

What if the Winning name turns out to be already marketed......? OR are you gonna check all that before Votes are done.......

But it's not just Salt? Smoked or other Spices/Herbs in it or dried fruit juices or something to be a Seasoned Salt.? Hmmmm

Smitty, we use herbs and spices and blend them with the Trapani salt to produce a seasoned salt that blows the doors off of Lawrys.

We have a whole line of seasoned salts, however, except for our Hot Salt and Harvest Brine, they are all citrus based (Garlicky Lemon, Gingery Orange, Peppery Lime).
We found that while that works for a whole bunch of folks, there are some that just can't get around the thought of citrus in their BBQ.
So our our new offering is an everyday seasoning salt for grilling and BBQ fans (fanatics?) with no citrus component.

Love Potion # 9. Fruitless Wonder. Wonder Salt. Orgasmic Salt.
Smitty's Choice ( of course that's pending).......

Back