So now I'm on the hunt for....

On a different note.
Have you ever tried powdered worcestershire, Adams? It's kind of nice to have on hand.

On a different note.
Have you ever tried powdered worcestershire, Adams? It's kind of nice to have on hand.

No, not yet. I've seen SDAR mention it. No one probably noticed but I've been on a green Chile kick the last few years. Quite a few of the Brethren like to have the same consistent results, I like to have successful albeit different cooks with same meat.
My only judge is The Bride and one or two neighbors. I don't inject- the one time I tried I painted the ceiling with Cajun butter sauce, I don't brine meats- tried it and no patience- maybe Marinade in a ziplock occasionally. So I am left with meat surface to work with.

I'm lucky though. I'm free to copy you and everyone else and MSU as I go.
Speaking of you, what became of your 20# Jurassic Chickens ??

We lived there for 3 years and I've had both. If there's a difference, it's pretty much imperceptible.

No, not yet. I've seen SDAR mention it. No one probably noticed but I've been on a green Chile kick the last few years. Quite a few of the Brethren like to have the same consistent results, I like to have successful albeit different cooks with same meat.
My only judge is The Bride and one or two neighbors. I don't inject- the one time I tried I painted the ceiling with Cajun butter sauce, I don't brine meats- tried it and no patience- maybe Marinade in a ziplock occasionally. So I am left with meat surface to work with.

I'm lucky though. I'm free to copy you and everyone else and MSU as I go.
Speaking of you, what became of your 20# Jurassic Chickens ??

lol Yep, I look forward to your cooks, Adams. You never disappoint!

Those Jurassic birds were tasty! Largest was 19lb, smallest 12lb.. A product of getting my hind end tossed into the hospital right at butchering time.

I flavored the last batch "on the hoof", with garlic and ginger...they came out great.
Am getting ready to raise another crop in a month or two.

Hmmmm... maybe I should try raising some Hatch flavored hens. :grin:

When I was a younger man, child actually- we used to visit a place called Alfie's Fish and Chips. On each table was a malted vinegar to shake on to the fish chips and fries.

There's a restaurant by that name in my home town in California. Wonder if it's the same place.

Looks like if I want worcestishire with malted barley vinegar it will be mail order. I only went to two places, but I am set for a while. Small bottles are apple cider vinegar-L&P is distilled white vinegar. These all use cane sugar and molasses tamarind etc.

.Then I got to thinking. Shack Sauce with Malted Vinegar from Long John Silvers. I've not been there in 20+ years but they used to sell the bottles of MV.

Last edited:
Wrong. Glucose, Sucrose, Fructose, Maltose, and Dextrose affect your blood sugar and your insulin in different ways.

They also taste differently.

I'll respectfully disagree, they are all broken down into a basic molecule chain by our bodies.

Sorry for the hijack Adams.

Hey, my Bride is still barely talking to me for the suggestion she buy make up at dollar tree instead of Dillard's to increase "our" fishing fund. I'm just glad somebody is speaking to me :))

Now that's just damn funny Adams!

Thanks I needed that today.

To add to what Norm said, your body doesn't know the difference between sugar and artificial sweeteners either.

I question that.

I think one of our causes in the rise in diabetes is that you pancreas senses sweetness and releases insulin to counteract but never finds the sugar to break down.

After doing this hundreds if not thousands of times, the body adapts and quits releasing insulin as it should.

I'm not a doctor, but I am a science teacher.
It would not shock me at all to find out that the switch to "diet" foods/drinks is the basis of this endemic.

Huh. Looks like the Canadian stuff is the same as the UK and AUS.
Looks like being a member of the Commonwealth has its perks!

If you are close enough to be able to make a road trip out of it, it's got to be closer than than the UK or Australia. Failing that PM me your address and I can see about getting a bottle down to you.

Attachments

• 20170713_200334.jpg
    20170713_200334.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20170713_200313.jpg
    20170713_200313.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
What a fun bunch of folks......being your basic bottled sauce gherkin that I am, this thread has been very entertaining !!!!

Back