American Royal 2017 question

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anybody heard when the Royal might release a date for this fall's cook-off?

Thanks,

Robert

Crickets? I have friends trying to make plans around the date for last year. Thought I read they might move to first week in Novemburrrrr. Is that still a possibility?

No one knows

From our last thread on this very subject there was reason to believe

Nov 4th if at the Speedway
Early oct if at Arrowhead
????? if at the new Royal headquarters

Oct 27-28 is supposed to be the Jack this year, so you can scratch that one out

No one knows

From our last thread on this very subject there was reason to believe

Nov 4th if at the Speedway
Early oct if at Arrowhead
????? if at the new Royal headquarters

Oct 27-28 is supposed to be the Jack this year, so you can scratch that one out

Plus, the race at the Speedway is on Oct 22. The general feeling is that they couldn't turn it over for the royal in 2 days anyways. I have a friend that has contracts for things out there, and he thinks they could, but no way they conflict with the Jack.

From someone who is involved: expect an announcement in April for date and place.

They are working hard to do what is right for the long term good of the AR.

Are there photo's of this new location for the AR or an address that we can aerial map?

At present I think it is just undeveloped ground , a sizable chunk, and is close to

the speedway, and I mean close. So Google Earth the speedway and back out from there.

From someone who is involved: expect an announcement in April for date and place.

They are working hard to do what is right for the long term good of the AR.

I'll be nice an not even tell you my original thoughts about it.:biggrin1:

I guess they could use Cerner's new parking lot at the Bannister mall site?:icon_devil

Hey Burnt @ Both Ends - I am just the messenger and have no part in the decisions,

So I appreciate your kindness and restraint. Thanks.

Ok, just for us international folk, when exactly is labour day in the US? Google says it would be the 1st - 3rd of September, is this right

Back