What point of sale system? iPad holder?

PaulstheRibList

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm about to get started with final health department inspection and opening for vending in the next few weeks.

I've seen some really cool and flexible iPad holders to put the SquareUp.com point of sale and credit card system in restaurants, all using iPads. I have not, yet, found the iPad holder that I really like.

What point of sale software are you using?
What iPad holder are you using?
Do you like them?

Thanks!

I've looked into these and it would cost roughly $500 for me to get set up with a Ipad and everything and then would be handing it to customers to sign on screen. I just saw it as something that would end up getting dropped and broken so I've stuck with my trusty $250 cash register and paper receipts. I do swipe cards with my Iphone and Square and have not broken my phone so I may reconsider.

We have the clover mini. No complaints, easy to use. I am not a fan of having someone swipe my credit card on their phone. The built in printer is handy as well.

I am not a fan of having someone swipe my credit card on their phone.

Is there a reason that I am unaware of? If so how does it differ from using a Square Ipad Point of Sale? Thanks

Is there a reason that I am unaware of? If so how does it differ from using a Square Ipad Point of Sale? Thanks
It is personal preference. I feel more comfortable using my card at a place that has an actual terminal instead of Larry using his iphone with the realtree case and a busted screen. What other apps are running on his phone? I have had my debit card compromised after using it at a restaurant. PNC took care of me but it was a gigantic PITA. It is debatable that the terminals are safer than someones phone however the only thing mine is used for is processing.

Back