Happy Father's Day!! What did you get?

I got a new sign for my bbq area and two different Penguins Stanley cup champions shirts

A relaxing day with my wife and son! Some bacon cheese burgers for lunch, and ribeye steaks for dinner. Also she gave me the thumbs up to grab the bayou classic at Costco!

ECEF2C01-D9FB-49E5-A289-7D1A0B614BDB.jpg

Got and used a Noritake Fuji Kamado.

My wife surprised me with a PartyQ so I tend the smoker less and spend more family time together. Our daughter was born the day before Father's Day in 2015 so every year for the rest of my life I will have that to cherish.

My son got me a beer cap map. Gonna be busy sorting caps so will be a bit before finishing this.

Giving a shout out to my California friends by filling in their state first. See y'all in October!

Attachments

• IMG_1560_zpsu9e9oof8.jpg
    IMG_1560_zpsu9e9oof8.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 93
Got to spend the whole day with my wife and daughters. Yeah I got some stuff but the older my kids get the more i value time with them. My dad has been gone for 26 years. He only got to meet one of my kids. That upsets me more than anything. I wish they could have got to know him. He was just an awesome guy. Sorry guys...this thread has me reminiscing.

Hey! Smitty got a swing set.:thumb:

I got a new 3 Embers grill, thanks to a sweet Fathers Day sale at Tractor Supply. I couldn't pass it up, and the wife approved, so yay me! Cooked on it Friday and Saturday, and planning on doing a flank steak on it tonight. I freaking love this grill!

Dexture 12" Slicer

A great new 12" Dexture for slicing my briskets etc and and nice fat Ribeye!
My kids picked out a great knife (I left the model I liked lay out for them to find) and my wife can throw down with the best when it comes to grabbing the cast iron and rocking out a Ribeye

Attachments

• 20170617_193359.jpg
    20170617_193359.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 68
My son bought me a new couch for the house I just bought.

Got a card with a nice note and some $$ from the wife, a short call from the boy, who is off serving our country and currently feeling under the weather, and a late (as usual) text from my daughter this morning. The best part was talking to my Dad and hearing the about the fun he had going out shooting today. Grilled some chicken fajitas for the wife and our extended stay guest (sigh), and then went and had a couple cold ones with some friends.

All in all it was a decent day. We don't normally go overboard for it. I have more than I need, so anything more than to hear their voice or get a hug is over the top...

My dad is no longer here. Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to you all!

Jeanie I am also in your situation, mine left @ 40 years ago. But he left ME his love for great music, great intelligent females, real non fake, hard working honest people and cooking!!. So even though Fathers day is always sad to me, when I crank up a kettle, or a Jambo stick burner, or drum and fix a cocktail.....it is a celebration of him.

Back