• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Pitmaker smoker

Cole Train

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has anybody bought one of these yet? I just noticed it on their website yesterday. Looks pretty sweet if you ask me would love to see one in action or pictures of one in action....http://pitmaker.com/product/vin/?vin=76578921

Attachments

• Pitmaker-Edge-Smoker-2b.jpg
    Pitmaker-Edge-Smoker-2b.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Pitmaker-Edge-Smoker-4b.jpg
    Pitmaker-Edge-Smoker-4b.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Pitmaker-Edge-Smoker-4g.jpg
    Pitmaker-Edge-Smoker-4g.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 351
I was over there a few weeks ago and saw one. IT was on the side of the shop so I don't have much to offer other than what you can see on the site. It looks the the same dimensions as the vault on the inside of the cook chamber. I'm super intrigued but can't afford the 50% price premium.

I'll hopefully be up there again in a few weeks to pickup my vault and can ask for some details if you want. Maybe they'll have one I can snap some pics of.

Last edited:
What is going on in the space above the firebox door? I assumed it was a gravity feed at first but I don't see the typical chute that is normally there.

What is going on in the space above the firebox door? I assumed it was a gravity feed at first but I don't see the typical chute that is normally there.

That's what I was thinking?

Looks like they just took the Vault and moved the firebox to the side and then made it a rectangle instead of an L.

I'm curious as to why they don't show any pics of the firebox and give a better description of the smoke flow.

investigated this a while back when i 1st saw it... i think the space on top is for whatever that 'top down reverse flow' is. would seem the smoke goes up in the firebox, over the chamber, dow through bottom and then sucked back up the chimney. wacky but what little is out there by owners sounds very positive.

I agree with Wookie, those guys think outside the box when it comes to airflow. The draft on the sniper is incredible.

nevermind... answered my own question. According to some of their comments on facebook they basically took the vault and the sniper and made a hybrid. It's a fully insulated offset stick burner where the draft goes up over a plate (I think they say it is a reverse flow) and then comes back down through the meat and out through the stack on top.

Very interesting design... looks stupid expensive though.

That's a lot of cooking space, though. Thing looks sweet. Like my buddy always says, "There's an ass for every seat, boys."

I gotta say, that thing is pretty sweet. I'd like to see a picture of the firebox.

How much does that monster weigh? Gotta be like a vault. Pretty slick, I love their fully welded designs, tough to manage the weight to bring that stuff to a comp, but for a backyard last-forever kinda cooker, they are pretty stout.

How much does that monster weigh? Gotta be like a vault. Pretty slick, I love their fully welded designs, tough to manage the weight to bring that stuff to a comp, but for a backyard last-forever kinda cooker, they are pretty stout.
Website says 1050 pounds. That is definitely a beast.

Back