Up date on the selling of gas I was having

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
A while back I posted about smelling gas very strongly when I fired up my weber grill. I tried a few things like changing the regulator out, making sure the burner tubes were seated good, even tried using a soapy water to find leaks nothing showed up with that.

Since I got my Bendera up and running, and with the cold winter weather I have not used it since my last post about it. Yesterday I picked up another bottle even though I still had 1/2 tank in the old one, I hooked it up let it run for awhile and could not detect any smell of gas, so I proceeded to grill some chops, never smelling anything out of the ordinary.

In short I suspected the bottle, even though I had used about half of it in prior cooks, without problems, that did seem to be the problem. Now if I get down to half in this bottle, I will be left scratching my head, and will most likely start a search for another gas grill.

All the questions about gas grills of late, got me to post this for anyone that may be having a similar problem. I think I can use the half tank with my weed burner which has a different style connection that will work.
Dave

Up date on the selling of gas I was having . I'm not going to touch that :eek:) but wasn't aware of a market for that .... perhaps an antacid may help ...

We had a malfunction of a gas container last year and i wouldn't be surprised that it was the cylinder.

The stem packing can leak as well as where the connector threads into the bottle. It can even get a hairline crack if over thghtened at the factory although it is rare. Glad you found the problem.

Back