Everyone's favorite!

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello my BBQ and grilling friends....

Not everyone is a fan of beef tongue but for those of you that like it here's how we do it.

For those than don't like it don't try it. It's already expensive and if it gets popular the price will go up even more.

1. Season your beef tongue with your favorite steak seasoning.

2. Smoke or grill indirect at 300 degrees

3. After 2 hours wrap in foil with 1/4 of wosterchire sauce.

4. Leave in the smoker or grill for another 2 hours. By then it should be ready. The true test is to check the skin. It should peel off with ease. If not let it go for another 30 minutes and check again.

5. In case your wondering the internal temp was 208.

6. Chop and make tacos.

This method is great. In my opinion better than boiling for hours. Plus it's more fun to do outside.

And a beer plate with shrimp ceviche.

Thanks for stopping by
Tony and Maribel

Love me some lengua! You make this look too easy, might have to give it a go.

Awesome presentation with the ceviche too.

Tony bel, This looks awesome. One of my Hispanic co-employees asked me to do this for a company taco fest. I grew up Bohemian/Czechoslovakian and we pickled the tongue (and heart) with hot vinegar and onion so I've been trained "not to ask" :) I appreciate the thread and will let you know how it goes!!! Thank you!

Two of my all time favorites. Lengua tacos and ceviche. :thumb: :thumb:

Looks awesome (as always), Tonybel!

Quick question about Step 3 below: Did you mean 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce (or a different measurement than cups)?

3. After 2 hours wrap in foil with 1/4 of wosterchire sauce.

Need to see where I can put my hands on a beef tongue out here in Okinawa...

Time to thaw a tongue thanks to you! Does very much smoke flavor make it through the skin/membrane into the meat this way?

This reminds me to cook the one we have in our freezer. Looks great. I am also wondering how much smoke gets into it?

Time to thaw a tongue thanks to you! Does very much smoke flavor make it through the skin/membrane into the meat this way?

I would say not a ton of smoke flavor gets through. I followed their method when I did Lengua a few months back, and it was fantastic! Light smoke flavor, but still very rich and beefy. And super easy, too...you can always toss the tongue on when you're doing something else, and chop and make tacos with it a day or 2 later. :thumb:

Thanks for posting this Tony. I just picked up two tongues on Friday and was planning on turning one into pastrami. I was trying to decide whether to blanch and peel before smoking or smoke and then peel.

Looks awesome (as always), Tonybel!

Quick question about Step 3 below: Did you mean 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce (or a different measurement than cups)?

Need to see where I can put my hands on a beef tongue out here in Okinawa...

It's 1/4 cup. Sorry.

Thanks for posting this Tony. I just picked up two tongues on Friday and was planning on turning one into pastrami. I was trying to decide whether to blanch and peel before smoking or smoke and then peel.

Smoke then peel is better and easier.

Back