Wanna see me on TV?

Hey, I caught you this morning. Me and the wife were flippin through the channels and I happened to come across 13 when I saw ya.

Good Spot.

Hey Doc, I barbecue or grill at least once per week. In Minnesota. Haven't got your new book yet, but I will.

Cool. A voice is now added to the posts and books.

Nice looking burgers and fruit k-bobs.

Got a little worried when you let the talking head have the mallet, but I guess it kept him occupied. :biggrin:

A question for you.

I have a food reaction to eggs. What could I substitute for eggs in that particular burger recipe - or in general?

Or is there no real substitute for eggs?

Racer, when you want a substitute for eggs used as a binder, like in this recipe, try unflavored gelatin [Knox Brand]. Disolve a teaspoon in a 1/4 cup of warm water for each egg.
This will work for making custards and puddings too. you may have to experiment some to get the texture right.

hey Doc,
your the man! "don't put that on the ground, it's food!". that was great.

phil

BTW, Heard you last Saturday on the Radio. You made the program even better than it usually is. No suck up intended. Ever since OnTheGrillRadio started on 970 WFLA, I've been wondering when he was going to start getting some of the guys who do this professionally in Comps and such on the radio with him. You did real good man.

racer_81 said:
Cool. A voice is now added to the posts and books.

Nice looking burgers and fruit k-bobs.

Got a little worried when you let the talking head have the mallet, but I guess it kept him occupied. :biggrin:

A question for you.

I have a food reaction to eggs. What could I substitute for eggs in that particular burger recipe - or in general?

Or is there no real substitute for eggs?

I don't know. Maybe try some vodka.

JohnMcD348 said:
BTW, Heard you last Saturday on the Radio. You made the program even better than it usually is. No suck up intended. Ever since OnTheGrillRadio started on 970 WFLA, I've been wondering when he was going to start getting some of the guys who do this professionally in Comps and such on the radio with him. You did real good man.

Thanks John. What's that on your chun?

Tony was cool. Call in when you listen.

I'll see what I can do when I get home. Also, on the topic, you wouldn't happen to have video of the other time you were on would you?

qman said:
Racer, when you want a substitute for eggs used as a binder, like in this recipe, try unflavored gelatin [Knox Brand]. Disolve a teaspoon in a 1/4 cup of warm water for each egg.
This will work for making custards and puddings too. you may have to experiment some to get the texture right.

Thanks Qman. I'm gonna try that.

Kevin said:
Hey Doc, I barbecue or grill at least once per week. In Minnesota. Haven't got your new book yet, but I will.

If you're into grilling its an excellent book (whereas his first book was mostly smoking).

Also have a look at Steven Raichlen's BBQ USA.

JohnMcD348 said:
I'll see what I can do when I get home. Also, on the topic, you wouldn't happen to have video of the other time you were on would you?

No I don't have it. Wish I did, it was pretty good. I cooked in his backyard and his dog kept getting in the shot behind us. It was pretty funny. He's pretty animated but hey, it's TV. I like the guy.

Back