• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Thermoworks Wireless remote announced

Thingfish

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
New Thermoworks product - "Smoke"

http://campaign.thermoworks.com/201...box&utm_campaign=Oct2016-Introducing-Smoke-cs

Smoke_generic-01.jpg

Just when I think I have everything "Thermoworks" that I need ...

:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
The upcoming smoke gateway feature & smartphone app is very interesting and appealing. Wonder what the extra cost for that will be.

For most my life i cooked outdoors by feel. Hold a hand over the fire, rebound of a steak. I would often cut into a piece of meat to be sure.

Man ignorance was bliss.

Now a days my Thermapen is one of my handiest crutches for cooking. A reliable remote thermometer that doesn't disconnected all the time (sorry maverick) could be handy when multitasking.

I probably wont buy one but i may just accidentally leave this page open on the tablet...Christmas is coming ya know

I see it carries a 2-year warranty!!

Big plus!

You can also have multiple receivers tied to one base!

Did we really post identical threads at the same time? :heh: hopefully the mods will combine them.

Did we really post identical threads at the same time? :heh: hopefully the mods will combine them.

They will if they see them :-D. remember that the report post feature is there when you need a mod's help!

As far as the new toy from Thermoworks, they say it is designed for competition cooks, but it only supports one food probe. Most comp guys are monitoring at least two butts and one brisket, some more. I think they missed the mark by not supporting more probes.

I like the idea of a WiFi repeater - that would work very well for me, and allow some sort of long-distance and truly 'remote' control!

"As far as the new toy from Thermoworks, they say it is designed for competition cooks, but it only supports one food probe. Most comp guys are monitoring at least two butts and one brisket, some more. I think they missed the mark by not supporting more probes."

Dunno Boss - There's an awful lot of info on that one screen for (2) probes as it is. They might have made the best choice... but at at 99.00 maybe buy a couple of three if you are a "big time competitor" :grin:

Two words...

Instant read

ok- I'm still drinking coffee - not quite awake - bear with me.

most time when someone posts "one word: " or "two words: " - it has to be pretty obvious the intent... but I will admit to being a bit thick this morning.

Help a brother out?

:grin:

Back