• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Thermoworks Wireless remote announced

I received mine. It is working nicely. Build quality is excellent, as expected. I'm going out of town tonight but will cook with it on Sunday.

Does it say where it's made?

Last edited:
I haven't had time to test it yet, but I was able to get it into my Yoder port. I just unscrewed the nut on out side, and ran wires and probes through nut and they slid right through plastic expandable inside sheath, and then just screwed but back on. I will do some testing on range tomorrow. It definitely has a heavier plastic and some rubber bumpers that my ET 732 dosent have. I like the lanyard that you can use to carry receiver around your neck too.

Just received mine yesterday. Plan to test it this weekend but I am confident from everything I have seen so far as well as my experience using their Chef Alarm and some of their other things, it's going to be a good product. Biggest thing I like is the controls seem so much more straight forward and intuitive than the Maverick. The controls are just like the Chef Alarm. What I like so far is that all the controls are at the pit end and the remote is just a simple receiver. If there is one weak area it might be the screen itself. If it is like the Chef Alarm it will need to remain in the shade or the screen will turn black until it cools down. I know it is going to be accurate. Big question is how well it will hold up.

Just received mine yesterday. Plan to test it this weekend but I am confident from everything I have seen so far as well as my experience using their Chef Alarm and some of their other things, it's going to be a good product. Biggest thing I like is the controls seem so much more straight forward and intuitive than the Maverick. The controls are just like the Chef Alarm. What I like so far is that all the controls are at the pit end and the remote is just a simple receiver. If there is one weak area it might be the screen itself. If it is like the Chef Alarm it will need to remain in the shade or the screen will turn black until it cools down. I know it is going to be accurate. Big question is how well it will hold up.
Will your testing include having the receiver in the house? I had just one bad experience with a wireless therm. The thing would work perfectly until I walked into my house. That was the last time I trusted one.

I received mine Friday also. Used it today on a pork loin and turkey breast. Worked perfectly! Instead of the air probe i used my chef alarm meat probe and just monitored both roasts. I was able to stay in my warm house and still monitor my readings. I had no problem with it disconnecting any where on my one acre property. I walked all around it to test. (Kind of a geek like that)
It was really accurate, tested again my thermapen it was dead on. Easy to use, the remote notified me once it reach the alarm. Awesome! I love it already.

Attachments

• 20161016_164313.jpg
    20161016_164313.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I received mine Friday also. Used it today on a pork loin and turkey breast. Worked perfectly! Instead of the air probe i used my chef alarm meat probe and just monitored both roasts. I was able to stay in my warm house and still monitor my readings. I had no problem with it disconnecting any where on my one acre property. I walked all around it to test. (Kind of a geek like that)
It was really accurate, tested again my thermapen it was dead on. Easy to use, the remote notified me once it reach the alarm. Awesome! I love it already.
That sounds promising. Thanks for testing it.

New wireless temp thermometers

Looks like Thermoworks has a new wireless device out, similar to the maverick. 300 feet of range. I trust Thermoworks way better than any of the other companies that are making them so I'm anxious to see any reviews once they are on the market. I have went through 3 sets of mavericks and finally gave up after they told me that would not replace the defective devices any longer.

http://www.thermoworks.com

For comp cooking I've never understood the need for wireless. I'm never far enough away from my cookers that I need anything else other than a thermapen and a couple thermoworks chef alarms.

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
Agreed. But there are times I'm laying in my camper and would love to glance at the receiver so my lazy ass doesn't have to get out unless i need to.:loco:

That's exciting! I bought a ThermaQ because I was tired of the Maverick's breaking and giving incorrect temp readings. I had to give up mobility though to do so. Don't regret it, but I'll be picking up one of these soon to get my remote back!

I got my Smoke on Friday. Here are my first impressions:

The unit is solid and well-built. My concern was that the probes were going to be too large to fit through the grommet on the WSM.

picture.php

That turned out to be an unnecessary concern. The probe is snug, but fits fine.

picture.php

I actually put both probes through the larger hole in the grommet.

picture.php

picture.php

I put the grate probe in the center of the upper rack to compare to the dome thermometer.

picture.php

I was impressed with how close they were

picture.php

The Weber gauge was a few degrees (~5°) lower than the Smoke. The alarms were easy to set and the remote worked well. I went inside and was able to receive a signal through two walls (one of which was brick).

This is a great little unit.

David

Any idea how the remote range compares to Maverick? Maverick claims 300 feet also, but doesn't work when the cooker is 50 feet away with a plain wood frame/fiberglas insulated wall is in the way. If this one's claimed 300' range is anywhere near actual range that would be huge!

Any idea how the remote range compares to Maverick? Maverick claims 300 feet also, but doesn't work when the cooker is 50 feet away with a plain wood frame/fiberglas insulated wall is in the way. If this one's claimed 300' range is anywhere near actual range that would be huge!

My Maverick remote won't work in my house / this does. It'll actually works through my shop and into the house. Not sure about direct line of sight , but it works a hellavu lot better through walls

This video from AmazingRibs.com covers just that question - and yes, it covers 300 feet. They do the test outside though, so no walls or anything to go through.

Some other good info in there too.

Amazing how much easier it is to set up/change settings, etc on the Smoke than it is with the Maverick 733 (actually all of the Maverick models).

Will try out the meat temp/alarm tonight with a Tri Tip on my BGE MiniMax. Later in the week, will use to measure temp in pork butt as well as the chamber temperature in my LSG vertical offset.

Amazing how much easier it is to set up/change settings, etc on the Smoke than it is with the Maverick 733 (actually all of the Maverick models).

Will try out the meat temp/alarm tonight with a Tri Tip on my BGE MiniMax. Later in the week, will use to measure temp in pork butt as well as the chamber temperature in my LSG vertical offset.

you mean you don't love passing the temp setting and then having to go all the way back around to try to catch it again?:confused:

Back