Sausage, mushroom, spinach, calzone pizza tonight

Mrs B

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This had Italian sausage, 3 kinds of mushrooms, spinach, garlic, fresh basil, oregano, Italian parsley, Ricotta, mozzarella and 4 cheese Parmesan blend. It was cheesy and pretty good.

Never made a calzone before so seemed like a nice night to give it a try. Started with our homemade crust. Made it kinda square.

Added the stuffing.

first time we used parchment paper instead of corn meal, and liked it. Cooked on the akorn at 600.

Added red sauce and fresh Italian parsley

It didn't suck

Thank you for looking

I love The Smell of Calzone cooking in the Weber,
Your looks like it would have perfumed a camp site.looks great

That looks real good! I will have to try the parchment paper as my pizza always sticks to the peel no matter how much corn meal i use

That looks great! You and Tom are giving that Acorn a workout.

That looks real good! I will have to try the parchment paper as my pizza always sticks to the peel no matter how much corn meal i use

Matt the cornmeal didn't bother me for a long time but recently was hating it the pp worked magic, I cooked a pie on it too and the crust was my best yet but the rest sucked arse at least I had calzone for back up:-D

Matt the cornmeal didn't bother me for a long time but recently was hating it the pp worked magic, I cooked a pie on it too and the crust was my best yet but the rest sucked arse at least I had calzone for back up:-D

Thanks. Good to know. I'm hoping to whip up some pies this weekend

Back