Snake River Farms at The Royal

srfannella

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score

We are super excited to be heading out to the American Royal next week and couldn't be more excited to announce we are the official sponsor of the 2016 American Royal World Series of BBQ Open Contest taking place Saturday October 29.

In addition to the Open Contest we will be co-sponsoring Kids Que with Smithfield, where some very lucky kids will get to cook Snake River Farms American Wagyu Burger and New York Striploins. This year's Celebrity Cook-off takes place on Thursday where they will be cooking our American Wagyu Cap of Ribeye for some VERY lucky judges!

Still looking for more fun?? We are proud to support Operation BBQ Relief at their annual Pig-a-Palooza party on Friday night! Get your tickets and swing by for some SRF brisket and other tasty treats!

I, along with my partner in crime Lydia, will be out and about all weekend long and would love to see you all! Let us know what your team name and space is and we will do our best to swing by and say hello!

See you next week. I have no clue what my spot number is...

The Celtic Pig - #632

Thanks for sponsoring the Open. Hope to see you you next week!

Both my kids are cooking Kids Q!

It's kind of a mess since they have check in for Kids Q during the Invitational Turn-Ins though.... then Kids Q cooks meeting at 1:45... not sure I'll make it there by then...

Starts at 2PM with turn in at 2:30... so they have 30 min to light a fire, prep and cook burgers and turn them in...

We've been practicing at home and it's TIGHT on time...

Oh well... it'll be fun!

Meat Rushmore in spot #460! Have a couple kid's q entrants as well. My son can't wait as this is his first kid's q event ever.

We have a kids q team also. The last email I have about the kids q is:

1230 - check in
100 - cooks meeting
115 - start cooking
215 - turn in for 6-10 year olds
230 - turn in for 11-15 year olds
300 - turn in for optional ground pork round

I got this email on 10/4.

Here's the update from 10/5.... I emailed them that the schedule you posted was terrible as Kids Q is during turn-ins for the Invitational.... I got an email on 10/5 with the info below:

VERSION 3: UPDATED Schedule of Events – Saturday, October 29, 2016

Location: Kansas Speedway, Sprint Fan Walk (Stage connected to the Media Center)

1:00 –Check-in
1:45 – Cooks meeting
Once checked in, children MUST stay within the sectioned off area.
Meat and boxes will be handed out at this time.
Grills and charcoal will be provided.
2:00 – Start grills and begin cooking
2:30 – Turn-in for ages 6-10 - Hamburgers. Turn-in will be within the enclosed area.
2:45 – Turn-in for ages 11-15- Steak. Turn in will be within the enclosed area.
3:15 – Turn-in for all ages (6-15). Optional Ground Pork Round presented by Smithfield.
3:30 – Judging completed
5:00 – Awards will be during the Invitational Awards Ceremony

Still not optimal for Invitational Teams and 30 minutes is a tight window...

That's what's posted online too....

Having never done a kid's q, for the burgers are we allowed to bring other items, such as bacon, cheese, etc? I assume so, but just want to make sure as we keep practicing to hone in on time.

Back