Smoking for two

PWHathaway

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good ideas on smoking meats for two? My fiancée doesn't like pork or anything she has to eat off the bone. I did do a 4lb brisket a few weeks ago and we enjoyed that. Was nice to be able to use it for tacos and sandwiches for awhile after. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Meatloaf sounds pretty interesting. I've heard of people doing a roast over a brisket based on size alone. How'd you do your meatloaf? I'm nervous chicken breast would just dry out.

Tri tip smoked or grilled, salmon again smoked or grilled on a ceder plank, lots of other sea food. I would still do some pork she may come to like it, of course do something she will eat at the same time. Beef or pork rib, bones can be pulled out while still warm, I love a good pork rib sandwich toped with slaw.
Dave

New to smoking. What's a fattie?
Ground meat (beef, pork, etc) that you can stuff with all kinds of goodness (cheese, veggies, other meats), wrap in bacon, etc. and smoke. Or you can just throw the sausage log on the smoker with your favorite rub and smoke that (naked fattie)

Try searching the forums and you will come up with 100's of different recipes.

A couple fatties I recently smoked.

Chris-BGE-12.jpg

One naked pork, one bacon wrapped and stuffed pork.

One of my favs, but I think is a waste to cook by its self on my smoker. Turkey, or regular burgers, I put the patties in a tin foil tray to hold all the juice, cook them wrap them and let them sit for about 30 minutes, then back on the smoker with cheese on top for about 20 minutes

My fiancée doesn't like pork or anything she has to eat off the bone.

You sure you want to spend the rest of your life with her? Just kidding.

All of the above mentioned things work out great for 2 people. Also, lots of BBQ freezes really well, so if you have to cook "big," just plan to take some leftovers to work for lunch. You will be the envy of your coworkers.

People keep mentioning meatloaf. It sounds awesome but I want more detail. Anyone she'd some light?

People keep mentioning meatloaf. It sounds awesome but I want more detail. Anyone she'd some light?

If you already have a recipe for meatloaf that will work fine. Form the loaf about the same way, I place it on an old pizza pan that has holes in it so the grease will not build up around it. I think you can get a perforated foil pan that can be disposed of when done sure makes it a lot easier to get it on and off the grill. If you do a search up above you will find all kinds of recipes with tips, tricks, and photos. People tend to forget, just about anything you cook in an oven can be done on the smoker because that is what it is after all.
Dave

If you are worried about chicken breasts drying out, try brining them first. I usually do thighs on the smoker, never done breasts, but I would think that brining them would help keep them moist.

I have also done the chuckie, and its really good. You can search this site for recipes, there are tons of them within the forums.

I got a cheep kettle, had a dome lid, a second grate and used the center of the bottom as drip pan.

Complete recycling project :-D

Back