Discussion Thread -> "Duck or Goose" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Duck or Goose"

Duck-3-940x626.jpg

As chosen by oifmarine2003 for winning the "Meat on Meat!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

oifmarine2003 said:
Hey Moose-

I am thinking "Duck or Goose" for the next TD. It is time to give these two birds some love! It doesn't have to be a whole duck or a whole goose. No special rules, no spoon shots :)caked:), standard throwdown rules will be enough. Just cook some great looking duck OR goose.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/3 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/13/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/13.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
I saw some ducks at the park but I think I will get arrested if I try to smoke one.
I guess I'm out on this one.

So, what if we goose a butt before cooking it....that count?

I saw some ducks at the park but I think I will get arrested if I try to smoke one.
I guess I'm out on this one.
Just lay out a trail of dried corn to one of the bushes, and hide there with a hammer. A friend of mine claimed that his mother used to do that, hiding inside the patio door of her condo near a lake.

Most recipes I have read about cooking wild duck, ends up with throwing out the duck and any juices or other ingredients added in the pot with it while cooking, and then eat the pot?? Does grilled pot/pan ( just so there is no misunderstanding about the pot) count towards this throw down? Just asking.

Blessings,

Omar

Most recipes I have read about cooking wild duck, ends up with throwing out the duck and any juices or other ingredients added in the pot with it while cooking, and then eat the pot?? Does grilled pot/pan ( just so there is no misunderstanding about the pot) count towards this throw down? Just asking.

Blessings,

Omar

I keep hearing this Omar, enough to make me cry.
If people knew how to cook it, wild duck is SENSATIONAL!!!

I grew up from the age of five hunting and helping my family prepare wild duck.
Mother made it difficult because she would always refuse to be involved, and it became my task by the time I was a little older.

I love it that we get some new and different stuff to do, I have only done a few domestic ducks and am looking forward to this!

Great choice Bill.

Blessings,

Omar

Smoked duck and goose are both very tasty, Omar. Give it a shot!

Got 2 ducks on order and just FYI anyone interested. D'Artagnan 15% everything is ending today. FRIENDS14

I keep hearing this Omar, enough to make me cry.
If people knew how to cook it, wild duck is SENSATIONAL!!!
I grew up from the age of five hunting and helping my family prepare wild duck.
Mother made it difficult because she would always refuse to be involved, and it became my task by the time I was a little older.
I love it that we get some new and different stuff to do, I have only done a few domestic ducks and am looking forward to this! Great choice Bill.

What I posted was tongue in cheek, as I have never had a wild duck, although I have waded in a few marshes in my time. Always gave the ducks I killed to a hunting partner that had 4 kids to feed.

I was basically quoting what I had read in times past, although my hunting partners bragged about how good their cooked ducks were. I guess I have missed out on a good delicacy.

Have fun and be Blessed!

Omar

Thanks SmokingAussie. Haven't seen that classic in a long time... I know "rabbit season, duck season" is going to be running around the back of my mind all day... :mrgreen:

Back