Clarksburg MD

poochs que

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Anyone compete at High point farm was it any good? Just looking for a last hoora for my season, from Jersey want a max of 3hr trip thanks just did seaside nj.

Speaking of which, anyone competing in AC that's NOT competing in Clarksburg (10/10-10/11) have a Honday eu2000i generator/inverter or similar that we can borrow for the weekend? lol. :becky:

I emailed the organizers, and they eventually got back to me to say there is power at Clarksburg. However, they are terrrible communicators. I sent my registration in two weeks ago, check hasn't cleared, emailed them a week ago to see if I'm in, and still no response.

Know the organizer. Contacted her about the concerns/issues.
Hopefully she will come on here and help straighten things out.
Bob

We had the same thing, sent in our check a month ago no response either. This is our first year for this event.

Ooh I live 25 minutes from Clarksburg, I'll think I'll stop by and check it out.
Never been to a comp before.

Ok guys, I talked to Sharon. Apparently she is the judges contact and not the head organizer. She asked me to post her reply to me on here for her. She isnt a member on here yet so I copy and paste her message.

I tried logging in and I don't have permission to post anything.
I wish I was the contact for the cooks I only contact the judges this year.
If you give them my e-mail, sbaharoff1@yahoo.com, I will be glad to get them any info they need. Thanks again!

On a side note, there has been NO local press or
Signs or Marketing.
That is FAIL because a whole bunch of DC folks might get that Zip Car, and go into the country, and spend money. They are going into the country on the weekends, anyway. It's the first I've ever heard of this BBQ event.

Thanks, something must have worked, because this morning they sent an email that said if you get this email you're in.

Glad it did. I talked to the organizers and aired your concerns. I am part of the firefighters union that puts on this event so while everything isn't perfect, I knew something had to be done.

Awesome, we received an email also yesterday, looking forward to the competition!

David Haber
'The Smokes On U'

We spoke with the organizer on Monday current count is 23-24 teams so they are looking for a few more to make it a qualifier. Also confirmed there is power onsite- you need to bring your own power cords.
N

We spoke with the organizer on Monday current count is 23-24 teams so they are looking for a few more to make it a qualifier. Also confirmed there is power onsite- you need to bring your own power cords.
N

I just put the app in the mail.

Back