Had to refocus

Bigdawg580

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just got home from working out of state to find my best friend was murdered. Decided to get refocus by firing up my Oklahoma Joe offset pit. I made up 2 different rubs and used one store bought rub. I place a different color toothpick in each of the 3 ribs. I used hickory logs and just decided to do a dry rib so i could figure out which rub was best. So it was between my own rub, johnny trigg rub or a store bought. At the end i decided to smoke some boudin to. Everyone's favorite was my rub, then johnny &
The store bought. I'm new to site so I'm still trying to figure out how to post photos, maybe next time.

sorry to hear about your friend.. Welcome to the brethren and glad your cook was a success

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours in these sad times. We are all thankful you could find solis with Oklahoma Joe and the BBQ-Brethern. You are always welcome here. Smoke on.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Glad your cook and your rub were a success.

I know exactly where you're coming from. A great friend of mine was murdered last April.

Sitting beside the smoker let's you reflect and settle some things.

Keep on smokin'!

So sorry to hear that. When I start cooking its my time and my way of getting away for everyday life.

Wish you and your friends family our best and times like this gives you a moment of pause that life is short and anything can happen.

Vince

So sorry to hear that. Will keep you in prayer.

Welcome and very sorry to hear about your friend. BBQ sure does make for good reflection & recharge time.

The easiest way to post photos is to attach them to your post by clicking on the "Go Advanced" button below the message window, then scroll down below the message window and click on the "Manage Attachments" button.

So sorry about your friend. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to future posts. Take care.

Very sorry for your loss, reflective time doing something you enjoy is certainly good salve for the soul.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Reflection is the way I deal with things, My smoker, my dogs and some quiet time always helps me refocus my energy.
My thoughts are with you and your friends family

Sorry to hear about your friend,my condolences.
I use cooking as my time for reflection, I,m sure the beers help as well

Sorry about your loss. I'm right with ya on the rubs, I know what I like and have the taste buds as good as the next guy. I can try/read/research/taste and come with a fairly good rub myself, I guess I'll save a little cash and keep making my own. Maybe we ought to do a swap.

So sorry for your loss. Refocus and sort things out. Rolling smoke is not just about the food. For me my outdoor kitchen and garden has become my Fortress of Solitude.

Smoke on Bretheren!

Back