Memorial Day ribs (a little pron)

batboy

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I don't usually take or post pics, but I love looking at everyone else's, so I thought I'd give back a little to those from whom I take so much.

Sunday did 2 racks of St. Louis style ribs from Restaurant Depot. Rubbed with mustard and Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust with a light sprinkling of Oakridge Competition Beef and Pork to add some depth that I think Dizzy Dust sometimes lacks. Foiled in apple juice, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar. Sauced one with Sweet Baby Rays (I know, I know, but it's the wife's go-to sauce). Left the other dry for me.

Did 3-2-0.5 and it was WAY too much time foiled. One rack split in 2 when removing from the foil and the bones were practically falling out. The good news is that I am the only one that likes a little pull, and the rest of the family was freaking out over just how "fall off the bone" they were. Smoke ring and flavor were terrific. I wish I took a cross-section pic, but it didn't happen. I keep saying that next time I have the funds I will upgrade my Akorn to a BGE, but the thing just keeps performing and proving itself. Not bad for a $275 3 year-old egg knock-off. Maybe I'll save my money and just get a Guru.

The drink was my own concoction: 1800 Coconut flavored tequila with a splash of my kid's fruit punch and a lime. HIGHLY recommend. Very tropical, I could practically hear steel drums playing in the background. Not pictured were the wings I did on the gasser with Dizzy Pig Raging River. All in all, a lovely 5 hours spent on the deck on a beautiful Sunday.

Attachments

• Ribs 5-2015.jpg
    Ribs 5-2015.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 167
  • smoker 5-2015.jpg
    smoker 5-2015.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 166
Ain't nothing wrong with any of that. Nice job!

Sounds like a great day to me... :-D

Yeah, 3.2.1 is made for 225* and baby backs. Spares like that I do at 275* and kinda do a 2.45.45 (around 4 hours total time).

Looks great! Both the ribs and the drink.
I didn't know coconut flavored tequila existed. Will look for it here. Thanks!

Looks great! Both the ribs and the drink.
I didn't know coconut flavored tequila existed. Will look for it here. Thanks!

If you like coconut, it is delicious.

Attachments

• 1800_mainProductPhotos_coconut_new.jpg
    1800_mainProductPhotos_coconut_new.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 83
Sounds like a great day to me... :-D

Yeah, 3.2.1 is made for 225* and baby backs. Spares like that I do at 275* and kinda do a 2.45.45 (around 4 hours total time).

I could be mistaken, but I thought that spares/St. Louis always took longer than babybacks . . .

Back