A Macho Mayo Roasted Green Chile Prime Rib

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Not sure what to call this. It was one of my "building the deck" meals.

I received a couple of jars of Macho Mayo from some kind folks in Overland Park Ks. Gave the dipping sauce the pinky finger test and decided to try the Roasted Green Chile one on a prime rib.

They have two flavors, the Zesty Roasted Green Chile and the Spicy Roasted Jalapeno.

d091e5bf-487f-4c7f-9b54-dca3d9324499_zpsrzub4t4c.jpg

I slathered a 3 bone roast with the Roasted Green Chile sauce and sprinkled with cracked black pepper...

33f96cd6-cf5a-44b5-b13a-e864abbb7a5d_zpsnikay0qu.jpg

into the smoker with a small kiss of mesquite...

3a7e786a-b7f3-433b-b7b7-8a1729ffe018_zpsr27rhyio.jpg

after a couple of hours I added potatoes for rustic smoked smooshed tatoes...

1957e07d-7fb7-498b-afb5-e72f5c1272ce_zpsnzkyonbc.jpg

I was working on the deck at the time so this was an easy meal. Didn't need to tend it while I was busy. I pulled the potatoes off when they were tender, smooshed them with sautéed onion, garlic...some butter, seasonings and milk.

12c00dc0-a009-4f46-8d63-231c6d91b8f1_zpsl0a8kvnf.jpg

pulled the roast at an IT of 128F...

d3fece0c-1b3a-4dba-a8c4-4e2deb6ece22_zpsdx0ohro5.jpg

Loved the flavor on the bark...

dc4bf162-ab38-41c7-907c-8b540fadcd06_zps8vadzrad.jpg

While the roast rested, I fried some Hatch chiles in a spiced up cornmeal mixture...

my Hatch chile stockpile...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196630&highlight=hatch+chiles

c1d49fff-53ac-4e56-bf9e-d964ad1c2497_zpsqvjemj8v.jpg

That was it. Roasted Green Chile prime rib, rustic smooshed tatoes, fried Hatch chiles and a dab of more Macho Mayo for dippin'.

07a2f98a-8a94-46bb-b9b2-3145f7bb3169_zpsqd004ne5.jpg

452efc14-4eb7-40d6-9e78-6a10089d01ab_zpsitxekubd.jpg

The flavor combo of the meat and cornmeal fried chile dipped in the roasted chile sauce was pretty tasty.

f68e88bc-204f-4562-ba5e-1d9d779ea61e_zps4ji8spg7.jpg

I really liked it. I could eat the sauce with a spoon. lol
My deck building help didn't complain so maybe I can get them to help me out again in the future. :becky:

Hope everybody has a safe and happy Memorial weekend.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Golly bum, that is one beautiful roast!

Thanks so much Blue! I might try this stuff on a rack of pork ribs, see how they come out. :becky:

lol Thanks Adams! Hope you have a great weekend. :mrgreen:

That cook might change my typical stance on prime rib! Awesome cook

Thank you BoLiles! I liked the roast chile flavor with the roast. Just something different from the usual au jus or horseradish sauce. :grin:

Inspired---Just laid out an 8 pack of roasted Hatch green chiles.

That looks awesome, Jeanie! What's even more awesome is your fantabulous variations on the word potatoes.

"rustic smooshed tatoes".

:dancer:

Holy cow!! That is heavenly Jeanie. I think it'll be a while for the deck hand to recover from the food coma to help you again.:biggrin1:

Great pics of a great looking cook! I could make a meal of the fried Hatch chiles and smooshed spuds alone.

Don't get me started on the Prime rib!

But where are the pics of the deck?

Inspired---Just laid out an 8 pack of roasted Hatch green chiles.
Adams that sounds great. Lookin' forward to your cook!

KC, thank you!!! :becky:

Thank you George! I'm still workin' on the deck. Keep getting interrupted but it should be finished next week.

Dang. Just...dang. I never would have thought to mayo up a rib roast but it makes a LOT of sense. Beautiful, Jeanie. Think I'll deep fry some jalapenos and whole okra too, now.

Thank you Guerry! Your jalapenos and okra have me drooling... sounds great!

Those plated shots are phenomenal. Nothing but money!!

Thank you SGH! I forgot to make a salad to go with the meal but I guess nobody noticed. lol

That looks awesome, Jeanie! What's even more awesome is your fantabulous variations on the word potatoes.

"rustic smooshed tatoes".

:dancer:

Thanks Moose! I definitely don't follow trendy food language but one thing I did figure out awhile back.... if you're too lazy to peel the tatoes, you can leave the skin on and call them "rustic". Makes people think they are getting something special. :laugh: :tsk:

Holy cow!! That is heavenly Jeanie. I think it'll be a while for the deck hand to recover from the food coma to help you again.:biggrin1:

Thank you Sako! I fed them after they finished for the day. :becky:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Great pics of a great looking cook! I could make a meal of the fried Hatch chiles and smooshed spuds alone.

Don't get me started on the Prime rib!

But where are the pics of the deck?

Thank you!!
I agree, I love fried Hatch chiles. I need to make them more often.
Hope to post deck pics next week. The weather and cattle keep interrupting me.

Back