Discussion Thread ->***SPECIAL*** "Noob Showcase! " Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC Only) Lasts All Month! Enter Mulitple Times!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Our new June Special TD category is..."The Noob Showcase!"

0b1d4ee03bbb9c36aa1ca06e59d863e5_zps483082e3.jpg

This was Sam3's noobian entry in 2014's Noobians Vs Vets: Season 3! TD

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Noobs Only! Only people with 5 TD entries or less may enter

2. Standard Throwdown Rules apply

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

Come out and show us what you've got!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/29 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/29/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Tuesday 6/29/15

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually cooking quite a bit this weekend and am new - after reading the rules I had a couple questions...

- to enter, I reply to the entry thead saying it is an entry and just include photo(s)?

- if I submit multiple entries I must pick one for voting?

I'm actually cooking quite a bit this weekend and am new - after reading the rules I had a couple questions...

- to enter, I reply to the entry thead saying it is an entry and just include photo(s)?

- if I submit multiple entries I must pick one for voting?

Good questions, Ruind! I will address both questions separately:

1. All you need do is to identify your submission as an entry, and be sure to specify which photo you want as your voting picture. Some folks just post the whole cook thread in Qtalk, and just submit their entry photo by itself, while others like myself, include the whole cook thread in the entry. Either way, the choice is yours. Here's a link to my entry in the 2015 Memorial Day Open TD:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3254573&postcount=32

2. Since the Noob Showcase is a monthly special TD, you can enter as often as you like, as opposed to the weekly TD's. And, since this is an "open" category, you can enter whatever you like, as long as it conforms to standard Throwdown rules.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Hope this helps, and can't wait to see what you cook up for us!

Shagdog, if I posted a cook last night and want to enter it, is there a way to copy the post or should I just copy the link?

If you can, please post the picture you'd like to use for the voting in this thread. You can include the link to the rest of the thread.

So, what is the quickest way to see how many I have entered?

Please accept this as my first Noob entry

I have a few cooks happening this weekend - and the lady wanted some salad so I threw together some of my char-grilled chicken.

Took some thin breasts and dressed them up. First a little olive oil bath before the salt and pepper - then let them rest for a bit

Got the grill nice and hot (it was dark so I dont have "action shots") seared them nice on each side.

*Please accept this as my first entry photo*
Chopped them up and made a nice char-grilled cesar

I havent seen too many salad posts - haha, but I love that char-grilled chicken on a sandwich, chopped up in pasta or salad. Its super versatile, simple and delicious! I even tried some of my new Texas Rib Candy (apple cranberry habanero) brushed on one and will be doing that again as well.

So, what is the quickest way to see how many I have entered?

Marty,

Do an advanced search for all posts made by you in the Throwdown Forum, then scroll through the entry threads. I'm sure the titles will ring a bell for you.

Hope this helps!

Great start so far!! I only entered 1 TD so far so I hope to participate.

Hand cut Delmonico's from my local butcher in Johnson city TN.
Please accept my 3rd photo a my official entry ! :-D

Attachments

• 5-30-15 delmonico 2.jpg
    5-30-15 delmonico 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 5-30-15 delmonico 3.jpg
    5-30-15 delmonico 3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 5-30-15 Delmonico.jpg
    5-30-15 Delmonico.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 643
Back