Weekend Scores

Mikebeme

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Saw a post by Free Mr. Tony last week about PizzaQue's on clearance at Home Depot, $50. Stopped by on my way home from work Wednesday to check my local store, they were $51 and I talked myself out of one, only have a Jumbo Joe, not full size Kettle, yet. Anyway the more I thought about it I figured what the heck. Wife and daughter wanted to go to Sams on Friday, so I stopped by the depot on the way and they were marked down to $25, can't go wrong, had to get it. I've been eyeing the Weber Kettles on clearance at Wal Mart, and stop there about once a week to check them out, premiums started out at $125, $109, $99, now $90 so I decided it was time. We stop by there and they had one assembled and one in the box left. Asked the salesman if I could get the one in the box on the top rack in the garden center and he got it down for me. I saw there was another box behind it and wanted to know if it was one of the Master Touch GBS units, he said it was the same as the one he got me. I had to go outside to get a cart as i didn't walk in with one. When I got back he said that he realized I was interested in the other box and said he would get a lift and check it out. Well it was a Master Touch. The other times I had been in the store there were two, but that was before they moved the stock outside to make room for Christmas, already, now there was only one left. When I asked about them previously they said they were marked down to $154. I told the salesman that I would take it, he said I might want to wait as he thought they might mark them down again, I really didn't want to take a chance since there was only one left but he said he would put it behind the other box on the top rack and to come back tomorrow morning when he would be there or Sunday when the dept. manager was there. Went back the next day, Saturday and talked to him again. He said he would find the store supervisor and see what they could do, 15 minutes later he comes back and tells me they'll mark it down to $100, sometimes it pays to wait it out. Took it home, assembled and thru on a prime tri tip from I had from Costco, indirect to 120, the seared until 135, came out great, no pictures of it cut, too hungry, but it was tender and juicy.
35A8FECD-2762-4B6B-982F-126691A0F3AF_zps4ghymaix.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow that was a nice score. Congrats.

Nice score! Is the jumbo joe too shallow for the pizzaque?

The PizzaQue will work with the Jumbo Joe, read the instructions, just have to leave one of the pieces out to make a smaller diameter and then install the brackets a little different, I'm going to try it out on both grills.

Back