Mojobricks BAR-B-QUBES advice

okiej

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have never used these and won some in the BBQ Santa giveaway. I plan to smoke a pork butt on my OTG tomorrow for tomorrow night. I will be using the snake method. Should I use these like I would wood chunks or are they different because they are a blend/compressed. Directions say to place them beside the coals and let smolder, move if ignite. The ones I have are the Competition Blend. We have tons of food cooking and the Butt is just an extra. I plan to rub it with the Big Butz Pig Pollen. Thanks in advance for your input. FYI, I usually just chip some small pieces of pecan off some splits and place every few inches on top of the snake.

Either bury them or lay them on the snake and they'll burn off just fine.

In your one-touch, if you are cooking a butt, the airflow will be restricted to control temperatures and this will this keep them from igniting.

It's like adding giant square pellets to your cook. Add them like you would add chunks of wood.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up putting them on top of the snake like I wood wood chunks. Came out great. I only have pics at start, 2 hours when I flipped, and 4 hours before wrapping at 165IT. Came out fantastic. Just was to busy with guests to get any more pics. The Pig Pollen ingredients are very close to my own rub I make. Very satisfied with it. Will use again.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG