Waygyu

BigTSmoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cooking a waygyu this weekend. I plan on trimming, rubbing s/p and a little black ops, and cooking at 250* with pecan till tender. Any tips anyone has is welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 348
Your plan sounds perfect to me...

I've only cooked a couple, but they cooked a little faster than the CAB or prime that I usually cook.

But... It's still a brisket and the basic principal of cooking until probe tender still applies :thumb:

I can't tell if that fat cap is up or down. Either way looks pretty dang good.
+1 on the Black Ops and S&P

I am working out of town so I will be Q'n vicariously through you.:clap2:

Pretty much what you have planned should work.

They can cook a little faster, stall a little less. It disappears fast, best to eat while you are slicing

I cooked a CAB choice and a Waygu last weekend at the same time and the CAB finished first, but not by much. Both the same weight. In my experience the time difference isn't much if at all.

Cook it the same as you normally would. Enjoy!

Put it on at 5am today. Rubbed with s/p and light coat of black ops. Put on smoker fat cap down at 250* about 5 hours later brisket was at 175. I wrapped in butchers paper and put back on.

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 137
Ive seen wagyu seemingly rocket to 180 and then just sit there forever. Just enough to get a guy worked up. then they end up finishing at the same time as originally anticipated anyways.

Here are some completed pics. The brisket cooked a lot faster then a CAB. It weighed about 11lbs after trimming and cooked in about 9.5 hours at 250*. I was using a newer smoker so it is possible there are some hot spots I do not know about and the cooker was hotter then 250*. The flat was very thin and did not produce good slices but they did taste great. Over all I was pleased with the meat but for the price I think CAB is just as good. Here is a pic of the finished beast and the point cut up getting ready to go back in for burnt ends.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 28
Back