Costco has remote thermometers for $24.95.

Hoorenga

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was walking through Costco the other day and spotted a remote thermometer for $29.99. Thought I'd pass the word along but when I went to the Costco site to double check on the price, turns out that you can buy them on line for $24.99. I guess the shipping runs it back up. Still pretty cheap. Could have used one the other day. I had my temp probe with alarm in but if you arn't there to hear it, it doesn't do any good.

Hoo

That one looke exactly like the Weber model for $45.00. Probably made for Weber by Oregon Scientific....

I have the weber model. They look almost identical from the picture. Not sure what that transmitter looks like on top though, but if thats the one, theres no display on the transmitter So if your out there with the pit, and your reciever is inside, your screwed, especially if your using it to monitor pit temps and just made the adjustments.

I learned that the first time i used it. Your out in the yard... no display outside so ya go inside and get the reciever and bring it outside to watch the pit temps. When stuff is back to temp, you go inside and then realize you left the reciever outside. Back outside to get the reciever.. yada yad yada.... do that a few times...

"4 letter word mod".

i got two of the oregon scientifics.. on clearance at radio shack for $15 each.. only bad thing is they wont read above 199 degrees in F or C... so.. a quick calculation gave me 104C for 220F smoke chamber temp.. stuck the other one in the brisket..

decent range.. let me know all night when to add fuel.. when to foil etc.. wish they read higher tho. guess i'll have to budget a nu-temp in with like 3 sensors..

Evil....

i think.. and brian or racer maybe able to verify this, but oif those sensors are really made as a meat thermometer and not an oven thermometer, the probes may go south if exposed to higher temperatures they werent designed to see. they were calibrated on the low end, and the higher they go, the less accurate they become.

Back