Shirley Doors

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hi All
I'm still undecided on the style of doors for my 24 x 36.
Just thinking IF the extra $$ for the cabinet doors makes much sense?
Love to hear all your comments, either way.
Thanks Dan

The cabinet doors are great. They give you extra room in the cooker, and are super easy to open with one hand while you're holding food in the other. Between that and extra flat surface on top, they are worth every penny!

Like Shagdog said, the cabinet doors are great. Up until now, my reverse flow smokers have always had the traditional lift up doors. Its night and day from an ease perspective getting into the chamber. Def. worth the money. (and you get more cooking real estate.

Do you all have any smoke leak issues with the cabinet doors vs the traditional style doors?

What everyone else here has said, if you can afford it go for it. If you can't, then find a way TO afford it.

What's Paul charging for the cab doors?

Do you all have any smoke leak issues with the cabinet doors vs the traditional style doors?

No sir. Once they get drafting, the only place you see smoke is the stack. And Paul does put gaskets around the doors. They close really tight when you first get em.

No sir. Once they get drafting, the only place you see smoke is the stack. And Paul does put gaskets around the doors. They close really tight when you first get em.

Plus the more it is seasoned the better the seal...

Hi All Many thanks for the fast replies. I quess with me getting on in years (72),the cabinet doors will make life easier.
Thanks DanB
PS Don't really need the extra space.

you can also open 1 side only and if the door shuts on your hand you won't hurt yourself. if it is one of those things you cannot get out of your head then i would suggest you get it. it's a big purchase and you don't want to be thinking about those other doors every time you cook.

I went with the traditional cylinder and love it. These guys have valid points, but with two racks in mine there is plenty of room for what I'm using it for. The door seals extremely tight without any leaking at all. I'm not sure if there is a difference in how the two draft compared to each other but I will say that the draft in my cylinder is amazing. The smoke is pulling through like its a direct flow. The door is definitely heavy but it's not cumbersome to me.

ull be able to open the cabinet doors when your 80 with ease.....traditional doors? maybe not

if you are a short farker the cabinet doors might work a little better. on my old 36" traditional door it was very difficult for my 5'-2" wife to reach/close the door.

I have a LSG vertical offset. Thus, it has a "cabinet style" door. No question it makes it easier to open and close. The weight of the door is not an issue, etc.
Get the cabinet doors.

My wife talked me into the cabinet doors so she wouldnt struggle to open it....im glad she did ...adds a lot more room ..easy to open... Can hold pan and open with one hand

The cabinet doors are great. They give you extra room in the cooker, and are super easy to open with one hand while you're holding food in the other. Between that and extra flat surface on top, they are worth every penny!

Hi Where does the extra room come from?
Thx DanB
PS Right now I'm leaning towards the cab doors.

Hi Where does the extra room come from?
Thx DanB
PS Right now I'm leaning towards the cab doors.

it comes from the structure they build to go with the cabinet doors vs the small radius at the top of the regular cylinder. i believe it is a couple of inches wider and you also get more space between the racks. they can build the cabinet taller so you can add a 3rd rack if you want.

Back