Wood Smoke in West Virginia

Zelfan

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name's Patrick W. West Virginia native and trying to get better at grilling and smoking. Grew up with the mountains and forests in my veins and that came with a lot of camping. I like to think that's where my love of wood-fired cooking came from. I've been grilling for a little over a year as a hobby.

My first purchase was a Chargriller Smokebox attachment. It attaches to the SuperPro but also came with legs to use as a standalone grill. I used it for a year until I replaced it just last week with the SuperPro (Chargriller). My other toy is a Masterbuilt electric smoker.

I prefer to use the natural chunk wood charcoal. I'm not a snob for any particular brand or process (yet). I love to experiment with new techniques, seasonings, cooking methods. I hope to learn a lot in these forums.

My other major hobby is cigars. I've been an avid cigar smoker/collector. More humidors and cigars than I have any business having, but that's how it goes sometimes.

My current grill.
kSgxe8T

https://imgur.com/kSgxe8T

My smokerbox/grill (seen here) was crowded. This was the day I decided to make the jump to the larger SuperPro. **The baking pan was put there because the grill was so low to the ground that the heat was starting to cause the varnish/sealant on the deck to peel.
https://imgur.com/dj6MLGn
dj6MLGn

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back