• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Picked up my new smoker

pal156

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I finally picked up my new smoker this past Saturday . It is a Good One Marshall seasoned it on Sunday and first cook on it. :thumb:

Congratulations. The Marshall is a great smoker. I have one too. I also have the smaller Good One Open Range which is also a great smoker. What was your first cook?

It was just some chicken wings, I wasn’t sure how the smoker was going to do in the cold temp it was 25 degrees and a 15 mph wind when I started, the smoker was real easy to maintain; temp despite the cold weather. Next weekend doing a batch of ribs.

Congrats! New toys are always fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats. I have the Open Range and really enjoy it. Hope you have stocked up on lump because these things love to eat charcoal!

Congrats! :clap2: I also have the Open Range - I don’t use it as much or to its full capabilities as I should but still love it. Pretty easy to to maintain 250 but as mentioned above it does use a lot of charcoal.

I use it for reverse searing which it is awesome at by moving the meat to the firebox using the 2nd charcoal grate.

Anyway looking forward to your cooks on it :thumb:

Congrats. I have the Open Range and really enjoy it. Hope you have stocked up on lump because these things love to eat charcoal!

That's my only real complaint, outside of that I love my open range and deal with high use. Although I use weber briquettes

I have found that if I use a wind break in front of the bottom vents, I use less lump. Of course where I live, there always seems to be some wind blowing.

Fuel usage is about the only negative I find with the Good One smokers. Dialing in temps is the easiest of any smokers that I have ever used and they seem to keep very consistent temps once dialed in.

I have found that if I use a wind break in front of the bottom vents, I use less lump. Of course where I live, there always seems to be some wind blowing.

Fuel usage is about the only negative I find with the Good One smokers. Dialing in temps is the easiest of any smokers that I have ever used and they seem to keep very consistent temps once dialed in.

It burns much cleaner than other smoker's I've used, I'm guessing it's related. I was bit disappointed at first, but more I used it the less it bothered me

I see that you got the extra shelves for yours. Very nice. I also see that yours has the older style pneumatic tires on it. Mine had those when I first got it but they were weather cracked and would not hold air and Good One upgraded mine to these under warranty for a small additional fee.

NJv8AyCb.jpg

Congratulations on the new smoker! Nothing like getting a new smoker and learning how to use it.

Back