American Royal Sauce contest

chuckswagonbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am looking into entering my sauce to this years contest. I know the 2017 rules are not out yet but on the website it says: "Sauce is sent to the American Royal from all over the world to compete in the “Best Sauce on the Planet” Competition! This contest is open to any company who provides a retail sauce."

The recipe is finalized, I already have an LLC for my business and will secure any insurance that is necessary. I working on contract to get my sauce bottled by a local co-packer but my question is what do they mean by a "retail sauce?" Can it be sold only online or does it need to be in a store of some kind? I could make an assumption on my definition of what a retail sauce mean, but that usually turn into me looking like an ass, so any help is appreciated

I am looking into entering my sauce to this years contest. I know the 2017 rules are not out yet but on the website it says: "Sauce is sent to the American Royal from all over the world to compete in the “Best Sauce on the Planet” Competition! This contest is open to any company who provides a retail sauce."

The recipe is finalized, I already have an LLC for my business and will secure any insurance that is necessary. I working on contract to get my sauce bottled by a local co-packer but my question is what do they mean by a "retail sauce?" Can it be sold only online or does it need to be in a store of some kind? I could make an assumption on my definition of what a retail sauce mean, but that usually turn into me looking like an ass, so any help is appreciated

Their interpretation is the only one that really matters;) I'd contact them.

Back