BBQ Jamie Oliver Style

I absolutely love Jamie's approach to food. I disagree a bit with some technique aspects, but his appraoch is spot on IMO!

I just found a Jamie O. cook book in the grocery store "bargain bin" for about 3$ called "Jamie's America" . I have not really had much of a chance to look through it yet but I can say that watching and listening to him cook is much better than reading it.

I dig JO a lot as well. He's always been one of my favorite TV chefs.
I've got his "Jamie at Home" cookbook. I've been wanting to make his English Onion Soup since I first saw it on his show. My favorite one is where they go out in the woods, pick fresh mushrooms, plop down on a stump, open the backpack and start cooking them.

As he'd say, "Brilliant!"

He does have a great approach. Funny enough, I saw him in tape, at an event where there were a lot of other chefs cooking, and his technique, was miraculously, much better. He can raise his game, but, I think he really likes being approachable

Love his approach,he does some very basic nice stuff.
I am a fan.
We get him often down here on TV.
Cheers.
Titch

Great video, thanks for sharing it. I can definitely tell that he and
APL are business partners. It's pretty clear that he has learned a
lot from Adam and that he's borrowed some of his techniques.

John

I just found a Jamie O. cook book in the grocery store "bargain bin" for about 3$ called "Jamie's America" . I have not really had much of a chance to look through it yet but I can say that watching and listening to him cook is much better than reading it.

You should whatch the tv version of that book...you won't be dissapointed.

To me Jamie is in my top 3 list.

We were part of a show he did a couple of years ago. Nice guy but he stole some of our pork rub to make a dish with for the show and gave us no credit ....he called it 'his cajun rub'. :roll:

Jamie is a very good cook.
His approach is so laid back it looks easy.
Just goes to show you don't need a $5000 smoker or fancy grill
to turn out quality food.

We were part of a show he did a couple of years ago. Nice guy but he stole some of our pork rub to make a dish with for the show and gave us no credit ....he called it 'his cajun rub'. :roll:

That is not cool. He does not come across as that type of guy.

BTW - Lived in Groby for a year in the mid 80's.

In addition to all the $$ I spend on BBQ paraphernalia every year (week), I've now got to go to the bank to get a loan so I can put a replica of that kitchen added on to my house. Looks like the most perfect place to cook.

I guess I'm in the minority. I can't stand that ***hat :evil:

Maybe his food is okay, I don't know . . .

Back