Entry & Discussion Thread -> "For the Love Of Gravy!" Throwdown -> LASTS THROUGH FEB 27!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is..."For the Love of Gravy!"

054.jpg

This was FamilyManBBQ's winning entry in the 2013 "For the Love of Gravy" Throwdown.

As chosen by mattmountz94 for winning the "BBQ Appetizers!" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

mattmountz94 said:
We have had all the muscle meats of late, I think it's time to show off our love for Gravy. Things are cooling off across the Country. So "For The Love Of Gravy" Let's get it on!

Special Rules:

1.) Gravy must be prepared from drippings of the main protein. Additional stocks may be added, but it cannot be the sole base of the gravy.
2.) Pasta sauce is gravy (in my world) so it's game on too!
3.) Extra Squirrel & Foil points for entries that include a recipe to be shared amongst the Brethren. :mrgreen:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/10/17 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 2/27/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 2/27/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Damn... If I knew about this TD, I might have tried to make some gravy, instead of cheating and just using the envelopes...

16508462_1635345319827060_2687247573439450589_n.jpg

Damn... If I knew about this TD, I might have tried to make some gravy, instead of cheating and just using the envelopes...

16508462_1635345319827060_2687247573439450589_n.jpg

This TD just barely started - you've got till Feb 27!

Is Italian "gravy" legal? :wink:

Special Rules:

1.) Gravy must be prepared from drippings of the main protein. Additional stocks may be added, but it cannot be the sole base of the gravy.
2.) Pasta sauce is gravy (in my world) so it's game on too!
3.) Extra Squirrel & Foil points for entries that include a recipe to be shared amongst the Brethren. :mrgreen:

Creamy Lemon Chicken Picatta Sauce

"Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown"

Made a creamy lemon picatta pan sauce using the same pan juices obtained from cooking 4 chicken breasts in it. Fortified and enhanced the pan juices with fresh squeezed
lemon juice, chicken stock, white wine, cream, shallots, and capers as shown here:

attachment.php

PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING PHOTO FOR JUDGING:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170214_195812.jpg
    20170214_195812.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 293
  • SUBMISSION1.jpg
    SUBMISSION1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 475
Looks really great! How were the chicken breasts cooked? In the pan? On the grill with a drip pan?

The chicken was cooked in the pan inside my Char-Griller Triple Play 3-Burner Gas, Charcoal Grill and Horizontal Smoker (charcoal side). It was raining and I dont have shelter in my outdoor cooking space, so i had to move the rest of the gravy making part inside. I love cooking my protein out on my grill as I think many of us would agree --- it gives it a little something extra.

Back