Been awhile

Whodat985

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Have been around been on a turnaround for the last 3 months. But it’s coming to an end. I’m fixing to pull the trigger on a Rec Teq 700. Have been doing a lot of research on this particular model.

Guess my question is. Is there a brand that equal to an price comparable to this unit ? I see green mountain but have done any research on them

I don't own a Rec-Tec but it seems like people are generally happy with them.

Yeah pretty much sold on rec tec was just wondering if there was another brand I should research before making my decision

The one brand I would say that is close in terms of price and quality is the Grilla Grills. A lot of people on here have them and love them. Blazinfire has posted numerous good looking cooks on his. The GMG is a little cheaper, but when I did my research didn't think quality was anywhere near the same ballpark. All I can say is I absolutely love my RT 590.

The one brand I would say that is close in terms of price and quality is the Grilla Grills. A lot of people on here have them and love them. Blazinfire has posted numerous good looking cooks on his. The GMG is a little cheaper, but when I did my research didn't think quality was anywhere near the same ballpark. All I can say is I absolutely love my RT 590.

Same find as you I didn’t think the quality of the GmG were as good as the rec tec. I was looking at the 700 an the 590 I’m worried that if I get the 590 I will always question why I didn’t get the 700.

I like what I see from RecTec.. If you want wifi they have it.. I'm sure the cooker is worth the money. Just a bit out of my price range. they seem to be fine cookers tho..

If your looking something cheaper with good quality.. I absolutely love my Grilla Grillz Silverbac.. You can look at my posts and see all the cooks I've done on it.. They don't have wifi yet.. but their wifi controller is coming. The price was right.. Just over my price range but I'm glad I spent the extra money cuz from the looks of the GMG and the pit bosses I was looking at.. The Silverbac has the better quality for the price IMO

When I got my rec tec 680 it was between that and a Yoder. Mak was out of my price range. I have no regrets what so ever with my decision.

I’ve got an RT700, works really well. If it had been available at the time, I would have saved up to get the pellet grill from alone Star Grillz. But with shipping and add-one, it’s close to double the price.

I like the Smokin' Brothers pellet grills. Not sure of the price comparison between them and Rec-Tec. Savannah Stoker controller and built in MO.

Back