• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Saturday morning and the ECB is loaded up

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got two pieces (one complete cryovac package) of butt in the ECB with one pretty nice brisket flat. Been on about an hour now.

Doing one butt for us and the other is for the office Christmas party on Wednesday. The brisket is going to the party, too. The brisket I'm going to finish, slice, and cool. The butt will be pulled and finished. Both will be gently reheated on Wednesday morning (can you say "time-bake"at 225 for 4-5 hours??) then put in the cooler just before I start the road trip to the staff meeting (Christmas party).

Hope everyone is having a productive weekend.

"I love the smell of oak burning in the morning! It reminds me of --- LUNCH!!" :D ((apologies to fans of Apocolypse Now)) :D

Got a flat, 15 chicken thighs, 6 racks of baby backs and some steak looking pieces (chuch I think) that was on sale at the store. 38* here but no problem with the bandera coming up to temp.

David, the air is laden with hickory smoke here!

Gonna grill up some chicken breasts and turkey burgers on the grill later.

That should last us till New Year!

Happy Q'ing :)

6 lb flat for chili and 3 bbs for bunch here in St. Louis. 32* outside and snowing. My favorite qing weather!

Finished up pulling both pieces of pork a while ago - one is going to be lunch tomorrow and the other will be one of the guests of honor at the office Christmas party :D The brisket came out great but I had to put it away, too!!! Wednesday lunch with pulled pork and brisket is going to be great -- I don't care if anyone else shows up with food :D

While the brisket and pork was coming up to "foiling" temp we ran to the store - Albertson's was having one of their huge sales -- a lot of 10 for $10 and buy one get one free. We picked up a lot of staples and some cornish hens (buy one get one free) which we froze for later use and got a couple buy1,etc roasting chickens. When we got home Anne decided we needed chicken for supper tonight and we'd save the pork for tomorrow -- oh, yeah, hurt me!! Make me cook!! Please don't throw me in the briar patch :D

So I quickly seasoned up one of the big chickens and stuck him on the beer can rack and put him on the lower rack of the ECB. Added a load of flaming charcoal and a few oak pieces and started cooking.

I pulled the pork off to "rest" about 5 pm (about 7 hours) and let the bird go until a little after 6pm. Man did he color up NICE -- that reddish oak coloring on the skin and pretty good smoke penetration, too.

So, overall, a pretty good day. Cooked pork, brisket, and chicken in my loyal ECB. Rehung a closet door. Finished planting three window boxes of herbs (dill, parlsey, basil, oregano, chive, rosemary, cilantro).

Oh yeah! We are already using the herbs and do indeed look forward to having them readily available.

The closet door was off due to having the floor redone a few months ago -- just hadn't wanted to tackle it until yesterday :D

Back