The Shirley Fabrication Options Thread

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
since there is so many options that people do not know about before ordering their Shirley smoker I thought there should be one . If I had known about the griddle for the warmer or the one for the front of the smoker I would have bought one . show everyone what you got and here is a few most people get .

Insulated Fire Box

DSCF5841.jpg

Dampener System for Heat Control to Warmer

DSCF5785.jpg

Extra Shelf In Warmer

DSCF5824.jpg

Propane Burners

DSCF5782.jpg

Metal Front Shelf and Also Available in Stainless Steel

DSCF5800.jpg

Wood Basket Has many Different Options

DSCF5791.jpg

Bigger Five Foot Wide Trailer And Mount for Spare Tire

DSCF5788.jpg

griddle plate:
2015-09-19_115246.jpg

just curious on your griddle plate is it just 1/4" steel ? there is no special coating on it is there ? if not I might have a local fabricator try and make me one also I kinda wish I had got the cabinet door like you got on your cooker .

griddle plate:
2015-09-19_115246.jpg

just curious on your griddle plate is it just 1/4" steel ? there is no special coating on it is there ? if not I might have a local fabricator try and make me one also I kinda wish I had got the cabinet door like you got on your cooker .

just 1/4 inch plate. i coated it with peanut oil and seasoned it like the grates...its heavy

I think that I would turn the drip pan in the warmer over and call it a griddle. The sides on it will help it heat more evenly when turned up side down. Just a thought, but I bet it will work just fine.

I think that I would turn the drip pan in the warmer over and call it a griddle. The sides on it will help it heat more evenly when turned up side down. Just a thought, but I bet it will work just fine.

i use that "drip pan" as u call it(Paul calls it a charcoal pan) as the ash pan in the firebox

straight back...ss shelf...extra racks in cook chamber...narrow trailer...ash pan in firebox
SF_Home_Brethren.jpg
SF 4 racks.jpg
Ash Pan 2.jpg

The only thing I strongly recommend is the Stainless steel shelf.

Oh yeah and EVERYTHING you, Paul and Tyler can think of. This is a one time buy of a great smoker. So get it all now, before you regret it later

chris...
do you remember if the searing station rack is the same size as the ones in the warmer? I am not at home to check the size. hoping it is so those of us that didn't know that option was available can use the warmer rack on top of the fire basket.

chris...
do you remember if the searing station rack is the same size as the ones in the warmer? I am not at home to check the size. hoping it is so those of us that didn't know that option was available can use the warmer rack on top of the fire basket.

I don't think it is. I will check when I get home tonight.

I think Shagdog told me he takes a rack out and sets it on top of the fire basket. I think he told me he can't shut the door though so it would probably be a different size then.

chris...

After looking at this picture, I would say no but it looks to be the same size as the elevated one in the charcoal pan? If not, and you have to take one from the warmer and lay it on top of the fire basket, it's not a big deal if the door doesn't shut b/c it's only going to be on there for a very short time anyway.

In mine the warmer rack will fit but you can't close the door, because my insulated box is inset by 2 1/2". Otherwise it would probably fit fine. The searing station was my idea after wishing I had it on mine.. I usually just set a rack on top of the fire basket now, but I wish I had the guides in place for it..

I don't think the grate in the warmer ash pan is standard. I didn't even think to add it to my build. Thanks for checking guys.

Back