Too Hot to Cook Inside So Blackstone Pizza

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I built a new round pen yesterday and about killed myself in the heat. Luckily I'd made a slow rise dough with Caputo 00 flour so all I had to do was the toppings.

i-GjqG9Z6-XL.jpg

I came in around 2PM for ice water and said no way am I going back out in that heat. Got the dough out of the fridge and let it warm up, had enough for 2 balls of dough even though it was just me and the dog and cat for supper.

i-dK26MgR-XL.jpg

Jeanie had kindly offered me a dip in her pool if I brought pizza but figured it would be cold by the time I flew down there... sorry Jeanie! Made a sauce with crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano and chives from the garden. Cooked some home made sausage, and sweated some onions and mushrooms.

i-v3V2CWp-XL.jpg

Grated up provolone, mozz, asiago and some bits and pieces of who knows what cheese to clean out the fridge.

i-f58RZpw-XL.jpg

Onto the blackstone for about 5 minutes or so, love that thing!

i-kfpnZhS-XL.jpg

And done!

i-BZtZhbh-XL.jpg

I ate way too much! Took the extra one over to my neighbor who mows the lawn at my office, never will take any money so I try to repay him with leftovers.

Thanks for looking!

Looks Great Norm!

I bet the neighbors was pleased!

Thanks guys!

He was pretty happy, his wife left him with a teenager from her previous marriage and a 10 year old from when they married. He's a great guy and I've never heard him complain once about it. I gave him a heads up and to ask what toppings he'd like. He's like anything you put on it we'll eat!

That's a grand pizza with grand ingredients Norm. Outstanding!!

Love me my blackstone, dont use it much but love it when i need it!

I like cold pizza. :biggrin1:
Looks awesome Norm!!

Now you tell me!

Thanks Jeanie. :)

Norm that looks fantastic. But it taste that good too. Be careful out there in that heat norm. By the way cold pizza is Great

Great looking pie Norm!

If I may ask, what were your heat settings on the oven dial and the regulator? I've been working with mine about every Fri. night and I'm close to getting it right.

Yum yum....awesome

Reminded me, just made a note to feed one of my sourdough starters tonight. Blackstone pizzas should be a weekly requirement

Great looking pie Norm!

If I may ask, what were your heat settings on the oven dial and the regulator? I've been working with mine about every Fri. night and I'm close to getting it right.

My oven temp gauge usually is 450-475° which I check with my infrared thermo and it says upper 600's on the pizza stone.

I open my regulator all of the way most times but I've had some propane bottles that want less and others that want more. I now just go by the flame on the first indent on the Blackstone's black dial. If I am to overly ambitious with the toppings I'll make the flame higher but just at the end of the cook by turning the dial halfway between the 1st indent and all the way.

Hope that answers your question, if not let me know.

Back